We have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel and overall we were very impressed. We got a taxi from the airport wich cost $35. But booked roberts suttle for our return $24. Check in was very speedy. We were allocated a room on the 10th floor with a partial sea veiw/ harbour and heard no noise at all the room was lovely and quiet with effective ac. the room size was also impressive with 2 double beds, lovely furniture and a 40 inch tv. The bathroom was lovely with a great walk in rain head shower. There were no tea or coffee making facilities in the room but the reception staff did provide a kettle when one became available the following day. However nothing else to make a drink was provided but a bit of improvisation sorted that thanks to the local abc store over the road!
The pool areas are beautiful and the staff are very attentive. We were a bit dissopointed however to find the adults only lagoon is actually only ankle deep but the surrounding terrace is great. The sun beds are very comfortable and fresh towels are provided daily. The other sunrise pool was also very good with a reasonable sized pool it was a little crowded at the weekend but we never had a problem gettin a lounger. The beds around the edge of the pool are expensive having to spend $150 from the bar to use one all day.
We were on a bed and breakfast package and couldn't fault the food or the service there was a good selection of food and the quality was excellent.
The hotel is a few mins walk to the beach and is adjacent to the Hilton lagoon. If you are planning on sunbathing on Waikiki beach the sunbeds start at $35 for 2 and get more expensive the further down the beach you walk. We made do with a couple of air beds for $3 from abc store!!!
The hotel is about a 10-15 min walk to the main part of the town were there are a selection of bars and restaurants and numerous high end designer shops! They have very early happy hrs in Honolulu starting at 3pm till 6pm with half price beers and appis, the restaurants mostly stop serving at 10pm. There are a few bars an restaurants outside the hotel which are fine if you don't fancy the walk every night.
We had a late flight home so were able to keep our room until 6pm for $99.
We really enjoyed our stay at this lovely hotel and would recommend it to any couples .
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE MODERN HONOLULU introduces cosmopolitan chic for leisure and business pursuits in Hawaii. We deftly combine sexy and sophisticated in everything we do. Every element is original; authentic or custom-designed to enhance your experience. Gourmet pleasures, vibrant nightlife, intimate pool settings, exhilarating spa treatments and all that Oahu has to offer - luxury shopping, beaches, nature - blend to create a feeling of progressive luxury, as refined as it is relaxed. We invite you to make the most of every moment with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, Venere, Amex, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Otel, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.