I stayed here in a combined business/ family trip and it was the worst service and the staff had the worst attitude. I even spoke to the General Manager, Henry Perez who once I finally got him on the phone at home , was offended that I had to talk to him and not his other managers after having such success while we were at the property.... Not. Let's break it down in detail:
1) We were assaulted at the pool by another guest who felt we took his chairs. Maybe if there were enough chairs this wouldn't happen. Security was called and no one did anything to applogize or contact us about the incident my 5 year old is traumitized feomtge altercation. Additionally , for three straight days we watched locals use an assortment of room keys to get in and then proceeded to swim in their JEANS while all the locals that worked the pool looked the other way.
2) I specifically asked for a room with 2 double beds when I made the reservation. They gave us a King and when I asked why I was told ," we give preference to our owners not renters". This is a timeshare property for Asain clients and if you are not Asian and a hotel guest you ate treated like garbage.
3) On a particularly rainy day we stopped by one of tr concierge desks to ask for some tips to entertain our 5-year old. After she finally acknowledged our presence, she rudely asked what we needed . Once we told her he looked out side and snidely said ," it's a nice day out, why don't you go to the beach". Wow, great job on that one!
Once w returned home I took up the matter with Hilton Honors as I am a
member . They were horrified at my story and told me they would have a reps ones in 72 hours. The supervisor never contacted me again. I kept pursuing the matter until I finally got a message a month later from the Hilton Honors supervisor that said the matter was resolved as the General Manager, Henry
Perez ( complete waste of my time see above), had called me and the issue was resolved . HE lied and had not called to resolve the issue ever.
After paying $3000 for our room for 5 nights I would not only NEVER stay here but will more then likely switch myself and my company of 1000 sales reps over to Marriott properties .
- Also Known As:
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotels Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Grand Waikikian Suites By Hilton Grand Vacations Honolulu, Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Waikikian™ Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations is located on the grounds of the Hilton Hawaiian Village Beach Resort & Spa. This 38-story tower heralds a new era of elegance in the oceanfront paradise of Waikiki, a Hawaii destination of romance and dreams, of cultures and cuisines. With the surrounding Hawaiian Village at your doorstep, you can dine in over 20 restaurants and lounges, find that perfect souvenir, or enjoy a wide variety of activities the whole family will enjoy. Enjoy the Grand Waikikian™ Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations six swimming pools including the new Paradise Pool. Accommodations include One and Two-Bedroom Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Venere, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Grand Waikikian Suites by Hilton Grand Vacations reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.