My sisters came to visit from Michigan and we planned an overnight trip to Santa Fe from Colorado Springs where I live. We booked a reservation on Priceline and put in for a 3 star hotel. La Posada was the winner. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor, we were all looking forward to this luxurious resort! When we arrived, they had no record of our reservation and said they were booked 100%. They looked through their reservations and rooms to see if there was anything to accomodate the 3 of us. They found a room in the original building that used to be part of the living quarters from the early 1900's and assured us it was a very nice room. The only problem was that there was one king bed in the room and they would have to give us a roll away bed. What were we to do? We accepted and went to our room which was at first glance very elegant and spacious! We went to dinner and returned at 9 pm and discovered that no roll away bed had been delivered. After calling 3 times, the bed was delivered and appeared to be something from the 1960's. When turning down the bed, a spider crawled out! Dirty water came out of the faucets, not all the lights worked, slow running drains, mildew on the shower walls, no blow dryer in the room and when they brought one to us, it had a short in the switch. The TV worked sporadically as long as you didnt turn the base. The carpet was filthy! The valet misplaced my car keys which left us waiting 15 minutes outside, even though we had called ahead. The reservation area left much to be desired because it was a mass of confusion with no seating area to wait your turn. Beware as they charge an additional $30 for valet, use of spa, and pool which was also dirty. Definitely first impressions are not lasting impressions in this case. I would rate this hotel a 2 star and not the 4 star resort it claims to be!
- Also Known As:
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel
- La Posada De Santa Fe Hotel Santa Fe
- La Posada De Santa Fe Resort And Spa
- La Posada De Santa Fe
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa - the Art Hotel of Santa Fe, is New Mexico's finest resort nestled on six acres in the heart of Santa Fe. La Posada is the ultimate destination for leisure and business travel with exquisite indoor and outdoor venues for groups, meetings, weddings, and social events. Discover a captivating blend of adobe-style architecture and local artwork, as well as award-winning cuisine and genuine hospitality from our seasoned professionals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline, Otel, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your La Posada de Santa Fe Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.