Just returned from a campus visit to see U of A. This hotel was lovely, spacious king room & bathroom, nicely appointed. Restaurant has nice ambiance w/soft music, candles, fireplace on patio. Front desk staff were very helpful & printed out maps to help us find our way around. Beds comfy, room clean. We stayed in the renovated part vs. the "historic" part, but I would recommend requesting a room toward the back of the hotel grounds because ours was 1st floor, right on the parking lot and a bit noisy. Only drawbacks were that there was not a hotel guide in the room with info i.e. their restaurant menu, available amenities, nearby restaurants etc. This would have been helpful. But all around a lovely, relaxing stay. The pool area is so nice!
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel Tucson
- Lodge On The Desert Hotel
- Hotel On The Desert
- On The Desert Tucson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 103-room boutique hotel is situated on five acres in mid-town Tucson, AZ and appeals to leisure and business travelers alike. Plus with event spaces for up to 175 guests, Lodge on the Desert is popular for small to mid-size meetings and intimate social gatherings. An Arizona landmark and Tucson tradition renowned for its intimate residential setting and genial hospitality, here guests discover pathways meandering among regal palms, native cacti and manicured lawns wrapped in ribbons of seasonal flowers. Charming hacienda-style accommodations afford guests a sanctuary in which to retreat and relax. It is truly Tucson's urban oasis. And considered by many to be the Old Pueblo's mid-town masterpiece. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Lodge on the Desert reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.