We traveled to Atlanta for a birthday celebration with 2 other couples and decided to stay here since they have suites that would give us room to gather. The rooms are beautiful, bright and spacious and everything was clean and in very good condition. We really enjoyed being able to have happy hour in our suite before heading out to dinner each evening.
Each suite has a small balcony and it was nice being able to open up the door to the fresh air - especially since the weather has been so mild.
The bed was extremely comfortable - the down mattress topper and down comforter were so cozy. Our room was on the 10th floor and street noise was not a problem during the night. The bedroom is separated from the living area by large French Doors that have opaque glass panes. This gives the room a very attractive and open feel.
The shower/tub and sink area of the bathroom is separated from the shower/tub/toilet area by pocket doors. It is also accessible from the living area so guests can access it without going through the bedroom. The sink/vanity is a little small and doesn't provide much room for toiletries. I wouldn't have minded having a bigger vanity and no bathtub although the huge mirror over the tub was better than most hotel full length mirrors.
A small complaint is that the AC settings apparently revert to an economy setting after a few hours. It got pretty warm during the night and I finally got up to check the AC and sure enough it had turned itself off again. I would have slept better if the room had stayed cooler all night!
The staff was great. We had a couple of requests during check-in that were all quickly fulfilled and the bellmen were always efficient and helpful with cabs, valet and anything else we needed during our stay. I loved that there was always a cheerful greeting as we entered the lobby.
The hotel is in a great location - just around the corner on Crescent Street is the South City Kitchen, Front Page News, and several other restaurants that looked good. CosmoLava (a popular night club) is right behind the hotel and there were lots of other intriguing night spots within comfortable walking distance.
- Also Known As:
- Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown Hotel Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown Hotel
- Atlanta Marriott Hotel Midtown
- Marriott Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- They say location is everything ... we have that and much more. Located in the Heart of Midtown (Atlanta's corporate & cultural center), the Marriott Suites Midtown caters to every guest. Whether traveling for business or pleasure, you can trust that all your expectaions will be exceeded. The Marriott Suites Midtown is within easy walking distance of museaums, theatres, nightlife (Crescent Avenue) and our city's finest restaurants, as well as the Arts Center MARTA station (Atlanta's rapid rail systm). We offer 254 spacious suites, each with a seperate living room, bedroom (with either 1 king or 2 double beds), oversized bathrooms with seperate tub & shower, voice mail, indoor/outdor pool, and 24-hour fitness center. We also offer Room Service and our own restaurant & lounge (Grille 35), open for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner daily. The Marriott Midtown Suites embraces its roots in the finest in hospitality, Southern Style of course! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.