We had a wonderful stay with Vivian and Rodolphe at the B&B a la Bataille de La Fiere. They welcomed us upon our arrival, helped us make dinner reservations and provided recommendations about what to see and do on our unplanned day. We enjoyed our conversations with them at breakfast, learning more about the history of Sainte-Mere-Eglise and its surroundings. Rodolphe went out of his way to make sure we could get internet in our room and they helped to search the room for a missing ring, which had been caught in my backpack. We hope to return to spend more time in Normandy and Brittany and will be sure to book here again!
- Also Known As:
- b&b a La Bataille De La Fiere Hotel Sainte-Mere-Eglise
- b&b a La Bataille De La Fiere Hotel
- Bed And Breakfast a La Bataille De La Fiere
- B&B a La Bataille De La Fiere Sainte-Mere-Eglise, Normandy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing la fiere bridge crossing the merderet river, our bed and breakfast is the converted ww2 barn where the battle of Normandy began on 6 June 1944!! Located in the triangle of the three designated 82nd Airborne Division drop zones, 3km due west of Ste. Mère-Eglise, and 15km from Utah Beach in Normandy, France. Originally a grain mill built in 1180. Now, a quality guest home providing five guest bedrooms and American-French breakfast. We are NOT a HOTEL!!! ... more less