I had the pleasure of staying at the Fairmont a few years ago, when it was one of the conference hotels for a meeting I was attending. It reminded me of the Four Seasons in Montreal, with the chandeliers in the hotel and marble in the bathrooms, but of course the views and building were actually quite different, and its worth checking out the second floor ballrooms and sitting areas. The fabulous view of the Puget Sound from the street in front of the main entrance is something you will always remember if you stay here.
The hotel is well-situated to tons of places to eat, drink coffee (of course), Pikes Place market, the downtown library, art museum, and nice shopping (Nordstrom AND Nordstrom Rack). Live and movie theaters are also close by as is the convention center.
The devil is in the details, and no less here. I was regularly blown away by the quality of the room service meals, like the yoghurt parfaits for breakfast. The gym was also very nice, with plenty of free weights, weight machines, pool, cucumber water, etc. Not to leave any detail to chance, the Fairmont even has running maps. I had some of the nicest runs I have ever had while on the road, on the trail running up the Puget Sound. It was amazing running 8-9 miles along the water, through a sculpture park and coming back to the Fairmont. Learning about this amenity (the maps) made for a joyful occasion, to think that someone had considered us runners.
Come for getting pampered and the majestic views.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Olympic Seattle Hotel Seattle
- The Fairmont Olympic Seattle Hotel
- Fairmont Olympic Seattle
- Fairmont Seattle
- Four Seasons Seattle
- Seattle Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Footsteps from Seattle’s most exciting attractions, The Fairmont Olympic Hotel combines traditional warmth with 21st century convenience and personalized service. Located in the heart of downtown Seattle, the beautifully historic 450-room hotel blends classic ambiance and Italian renaissance architecture with state-of-the-art amenities, including high-speed wireless Internet access in all guest rooms and public spaces, 24-hour room service, 24-hour concierge, a fully equipped fitness center with indoor swimming pool, and complimentary house car service throughout downtown. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Fairmont Olympic received its 25th consecutive AAA Five Diamond Award in 2009 and is listed on Condé Nast Traveler’s 2004-2008 Gold List. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Otel, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont Olympic Seattle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.