I was in Boston for two days, picking up my mum from the airport. My fiance and I wanted to show her a typical New England Bed and Breakfast. And found it! The Bed and Bagel is about 150 years old, has very charming (modern Victorian, as I would call them) interiors, great attention to detail, cosy beds, parking in front of the house, and wifi. I checked out a couple of rooms there and each one I saw was pretty spacious. The gentleman (Jorge) that welcomed us there was as kind as he was helpful with giving us tips for our brief stay in the city.
The little kitchen and adjacent dining room always had freshly brewed coffee, hot water for tea, fruit and cereals prepared. There's also a small toaster oven as well as a microwave. All rooms have small refridgerators. Breakfast is served in the dining room with all the standard items as well as super good bagels.
The bathroom we were using (top floor) was of a good size, the shower was perrrrrrfect. Everything very clean; shampoo, conditioner, soap, towels and hair dryer were provided. The fact that each floor has to share a bathroom is what made me decide to give it 4 and not 5 stars.
Last but not least - the backyard. A small, charming, clean space behind the house. Peaceful. We had breakfast out there (their bagels are DELICIOUS) and didn't want to leave.
Eventually we had to start our day in Boston, however, and the location of this little gem let us zip right into Beantown proper. We had a car but the T is right around the corner as well.
Summary: a great place to stay, easy on the wallet, very easy on the eyes. It's not anonymous but has a really friendly big-family-like atmosphere. I will definitely go there again.
- Also Known As:
- Coolidge Corner Guest House: Bed And Bagel
- Coolidge Corner Guest House: Bed & Bagel Hotel
- Coolidge Corner Guest House: Bed & Bagel Hotel Brookline
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great value, an ideal location, and top customer service make this "your home in the heart of the city." We're steps from shopping and restaurants, and a quick trip downtown and to Fenway Park. Our family-owned inn offers our guests a relaxing environment just beyond the downtown area, and is convenient to most major universities and hospitals. Continental breakfast featuring Kupel's, Boston's best bagels! Free WiFi, laundry, and parking (when available). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Coolidge Corner Guest House: Bed & Bagel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.