This is my first review of a poor for a hotel. I had called the hotel before I booked because I was traveling with children. They advised the double bed suite because it was roomier with a kitchenette with microwave and fridge. I paid 30% more and we took that room.
When we arrived at about 9pm, the room was nice enough, but NO microwave and a mini-fridge sitting on the counter. I went to the front desk. The fellow said he was alone !? but would try to get one. I explained that we were a family with kids and a baby and would not be able to eat without the microwave and suggested he simply transfer one from an empty room. The microwave never arrived. The kids and us ate cold TV dinners.
A little before 11pm my wife put the kids in the bath. Problem - NO hot water. They suggested we let the water run. That did not work. In the meantime the desk persons shift was over and a new fellow came and gave us keys to other rooms to try to find hot water.
The rooms for several floors above us were empty and we found one which did have hot water but no water coming out of the kitchenette sink! Now we had a microwave too in this one, so we figured we can manage here and took the room, transferring the kids and our luggage at about midnight.
The next day we had no room service don't know why and Saturday evening ONLY boiling hot water came out of the faucets, nothing else. I almost burned myself. When I asked the front desk how they could rent such rooms he just shrugged and said "to tell you the truth I don't know". If not for the guys honesty and friendliness I would have raised a greater ruckus.
The staff told me there was this ongoing problem with the number X09 and X10 room lines going all the way up.
A friend of ours on the twelfth floor in one of the cheaper single bedded rooms told us he had a great stay without problems, so PLEASE check your room before you unpack.
The bedding was ok, unremarkable, though the covers were lumpy. The hotel was clean in all its areas. Our coffee was never replaced during the stay. Toiletries were replaced.
The location though not that close to the inner harbor has a charm of its own. As for parking we found over night street parking and parked near the harbor during the day as the hotels rates came to near $35 a day for parking.
This hotel really has alot of potential, but they have to invest in maintenance and consistency.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court Hotel Baltimore
- Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court Hotel
- Clarion Peabody Court
- Clarion Hotel Baltimore
- Clarion Baltimore
- Baltimore Clarion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court is a downtown Baltimore Hotel providing boutique lodging accommodations in the historic Mt. Vernon neighborhood. Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court is within walking distance to many area attractions including Walters Art Museum, Peabody Institute of Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, Ravens Stadium, Oriole Park at Camden Yards, National Aquarium and much more.From the moment you enter Wyndham Baltimore Naltimore Peabody Court, there’s no mistaking our mission: to surround you with the warmth and charm of a historic hotel and to provide you with the gracious amenities and services that are the mark of our world-class hospitality.You’ll experience our attentive staff that caters to your needs. Quietly. Unobtrusively. You’ll see it in antique furnishings, original artwork, period furnishings, full marble baths, European heated towel warmers… and the dramatic six-foot Baccarat crystal chandelier in our tiered lobby. We know your stay with us will be special in every possible way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Baltimore Peabody Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.