Was working in DC for a month away from home and took advantage by taking the train to a couple of different cities. Went to Philly in March '08 and selected this hotel because of the price and it was half way between the train station and City Hall, as well as lots of sights around town.
The hotel is a bit of a walk from the Amtrak train station, but doable. Checking in is was a breeze. It was a little busy but everything went smoothly and the staff was courteous and professional. Got a standard queen bed room, which was a good size room. It wasn't huge but it wasn't tiny either. Just big enough to hold the queen bed, wooden desk with chair, the large TV console/armoire with TV, two night stands, and lounge chair. The bathroom, bed, linens, and towels were all clean and comfy. The best part of the entire room was the view. The room I got was up on the 17th floor and looking back towards the train station, so I could just imagine what the view towards city hall would be like.
Enjoyed staying here mostly because it was close to everything and for the price it was hard to beat the amenities and location.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Crowne Plaza
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Best of Philly during your stay at our convenient and newly refreshed hotel. The only hotel located on Market Street west of City Hall we are surrounded by Philadelphia's most prominent businesses, hospitals, universities and government offices. The hotel is located just blocks from the Pennsylvania Convention Center, Amtrak's 30th Street Station and Philadelphia's historic sites and attractions. The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Liberty Bell, National Constitution Center, Independence Hall & Philadelphia Zoo are just a few of the Philadelphia attractions to experience during your getaway. Walk to Center City businesses, fine dining, upscale shopping, museums, Rittenhouse Square, Avenue of the Arts-Theatre District & Antique Row. Experience professional sports with the Philadelphia Eagles and Phillies or visit top rated golf courses in the tri-state area. Plan your visit to the Franklin Institute's exciting Real Pirates Exhibit with our VIP Packages. Relax at our seasonal outdoor rooftop pool with views of the city. The Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia features great hotel deals and packages for family travel and weekend escapes ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.