This was my first stay t this hotel and my first return to downtown Manhattan for business in a good number of years. I arrived via cab from LGA. Unless you know your way around Manhattan, are well versed in driving in a large city, and like paying a ton for parking, take cabs and use the subways. Parking for the hotel is $50 per night and is 6 blocks away.
The hotel is located in a building within 31 floors, 184 rooms and two elevators. One elevator is currently being renovated, so if you are planning on coming to this hotel, take note, as you will probably wait longer for a ride. Consider getting a low floor (my Marriot preference) and take the stairs. Most of us can use the exercise anyway.
The rate for my stay was $300/night before taxes. The lobby is set up with two Marriott check-in desks off to the right as you enter from 40th Street and was staffed by friendly knowledgeable Marriott folks. The room was an upgrade for me since all I stay in are Marriott properties whenever possible. My room had a King bed, desk, dresser, couch, coffee table and nightstands on both sides with lamps. The bathroom was spacious too and very clean; typical for the entire room. A wall mounted widescreen TV and remote provided less than stellar viewing, however. About half the channels were clean with the other full of herring bone waves making it difficult to watch.
The exercise room is on the mezzanine (M) level of the hotel along with the business center and 24/7 coffee. The exercise room has two treadmills, an elliptical and a recumbent bike. Also, there is a full rack of dumbbells, stability ball and a bench. Water cooler and towels are provided. TV’s are on the equipment as well as a wall mounted TV with remote. It’s open 24 hours.
The hotel restaurant opens at 7:00 a.m. but if you need to get something earlier, there is Café Charlie next door that is open 24/7. Very nice deli. I had lunch at Devon and Blakely deli on 5th Ave. right around the corner from the hotel on 5th Ave. A nice “Vermont Wrap” sandwich, a bag of low-cal chips and a diet Coke for $11. I had room service as I was working well into the evening on my first night; chicken breast sandwich with roasted veggies and smoke mozzarella on Ciabatta. Nice. The hotel offers room service from the Salmon River restaurant and bar located in the hotel as well as from the café next door. Menus are in the rooms.
I needed a cab the next morning departing the hotel and the front staff was helpful in securing one. It is customary to tip for this assistance
I had just a two night stay here but it was nice. No problems.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue Hotel New York City
- Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue Hotel
- Courtyard Fifth Avenue
- Courtyard New York City
- New York City Marriott
- New York City Courtyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near New York City's exciting Fashion District, our hotel is within walking distance of Bryant Park, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Broadway's Theatre District and the Empire State Building. Our hotel is also a stone's throw from the New York Public Library. Unlike any other New York City Fifth Avenue hotel, our guests will enjoy comfortable rooms with a desk and complimentary high-speed internet access. Visit the trendy Salmon River Restaurant serving American cuisine with a seafood focus. Out of all the Fifth Avenue New York hotels, hotels near Rockefeller Center and hotels near Grand Central Station our Courtyard Fifth Avenue hotel is ideally located for any reason you travel to NYC. Whether you are shopping, dining, sightseeing, on business or a romantic getaway, we will welcome you with legendary Marriott service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.