The W Hotel in NYC is my new go-to hotel in NYC. I am a frequent Starwood stayer, so I had a few options to choose from in NYC, and this was my first time to stay at the W in Times Square. I loved it.
I was on a one night award stay after being across the river in NJ all week on business, and I was ready for a great 24 hours. From checkin to checkout it was awesome. The staff were all exceptional - without exception. I was impressed with the professionalism by everyone, but also a geunine warmness and an attitude of 'glad you are here with us'.
The hotel was packed at all times, and all hours, but I never felt crowded or rushed. At checkin, I was informed I had been upgraded to a great corner room on the 38th floor with a great view of the city and the Hudson river. The room was great - I felt like I was in the clouds, and there were still 20 floors above me !
The rooms are great and a nice size, and a good firm king bed, wall to wall windows and a real sense of being in NYC. A great chaise lounge for views by the window, and a nice big bathroom with good roomy shower (big enough for two!) . Loved the sleek modern decor.
We came and went alot in the 24 hours, but always felt like we were just steps away from the hotel, the location is ideal for theatre, museums, good food..
The bed was so comfortable (did I mention that ?) and the sounds of the streets way below was a nice distant quiet hum,,,we slept in way too long! I called down and asked for a late checkout, no problem.
So, we headed out for late breakfast and to do our Sunday museum thing, then came back and packed and checked out around 3 -perfect. .....and hated to go! The bellmen were great about getting us cabs in the rain (oh yeah I forgot it rained!) , and in general just answering any question we had (we had a few). with a smile.
During our stay, Patrick Armano, the Whatever Whenever director at the W, emailed me to check up on our stay, and offered to track anything down we might need. Nice.
I will keep his name on file for my next visit - soon I hope !
Keep up the good work all of you !
- Also Known As:
- w New York - Times Square Hotel
- w New York - Times Square Hotel New York City
- w New York City
- w Hotel New York
- w Hotel Times Square
- w Hotel Nyc
- w Hotel New York City
- w Times Square
- w New York Times Square
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently renovated, W New York - Times Square is located in the heart of Times Square & the theater district, with museums a few blocks north and sultry downtown just a quick subway ride away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Starwood, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your W New York - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.