I decided to book a five night trip to New York for my birthday and wanted to stay five star in a fun part of town. The Trump Soho is a really good option and not as expensive as other five start or some boutique hotels. In the main the staff were excellent and professional, the quality of the food excellent (we had pool food and breakfast in our rooms), the pool area is fantastic, service was quick and friendly and the rooms are very comfortable.
A few gripes and I recognise that these may be personal issues.
For a brand new building, the air conditioning is terrible. On and off all night, cold blasts of air and then warm periods.
There was as tv in the bathroom which was basically facing another wall so you couldn't watch it - didn't really care but isn't the idea that you can watch in the bath - also the wires were hanging out everywhere - is that safe?
The light didn't work in the closet.
House keeping generally excellent but failed to take breakfast things one morning despite cleaning immaculately around the breakfast table!
We paid for a deluxe room but were placed on arrival one floor above normal rooms even though I told them I wanted a higher room and I was celebrating my birthday. In fact nothing whatsoever was done to acknowledge that it was my birthday. They wanted more cash for us to go to a higher floor. I argued this point and was put on the 35th. Much better but I would have appreciated not to have to negotiate this so hard.
The walls are slightly thin - we had an enthusiastic singer next door!
Several items found their way on to my final bill. Some of which they had agreed to remove previously, some spurious. The suspicious thing is that this happened in relation to 4 different transactions. Always check your bill. They had no problem with taking them off though.
Personally I think the spa is way overpriced, literally hundreds of dollars for a back rub!
Overall the trip was great and generally the hotel is very good. Keep your expectations slightly in check however.
- Also Known As:
- Trump Soho New York Hotel
- Trump Soho New York Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adding distinction to the skyline, Trump SoHo® New York brings a new perspective of Manhattan from its 391 guest rooms, providing unparalleled views of the city from floor-to-ceiling windows in the deluxe and premiere rooms and suites. The Spa at Trump® features New York's only luxury hammam experience, relaxation rooms and fitness center. Trump SoHo is pleased to welcome the new signature restaurant Koi SoHo, featuring an imaginative menu of contemporary Japanese cuisine. Plan your business or social gathering in one of the hotel's exclusive meeting and event spaces. Unwind over cocktails in The Library or retreat to the seasonal Bar d'Eau with its outdoor pool deck. Possessing one of the city’s most coveted locations where SoHo meets Tribeca and the West Village with celebrated art galleries, restaurants, shopping and nightlife, Trump SoHo New York is downtown like you’ve never experienced. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Agoda, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Trump SoHo New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.