The French Quarters Guest Apartments is a fantastic little hotel in midtown Manhattan -- a few blocks from Times Square. If you're visiting NY to see the traditional tourist sights, this is a great spot to stay. It is just a few blocks from Times Square, most Broadway (and off-Broadway) shows, Rockefeller Center, 5th Ave, etc. Central Park is also close - maybe a 10-15 minute walk.
The hotel is on a great street, surrounded by restaurants. On the weekends, it can be a little noisy (NYC never really sleeps) but, as we had the 2-bedroom apartment on the 4th floor, it wasn't a problem.
The apartment itself was excellent. The room was clean and in great condition. There was a master bedroom with a king(!) bed and a private bathroom. The other bedroom had a queen bed and a shared bathroom off the central living room area. Both the bathrooms are nicely appointed -- shower only, but that was hardly an issue for us. There were flat screen televisions in both bedrooms, as well as plenty of layers of bedding; perfect for all temps. The living room also has a flatscreen TV (with built-in DVD player) and plenty of seating for 4. The kitchenette had a microwave, refrigerator, Keurig coffee maker, and sink -- great for snacks (I'm not sure why you'd want to eat in the room with all the fantastic restaurants in NYC). The balcony is also great, providing a wonderful view of the street and surrounding midtown buildings (as well as the lights of Times Square).
The included breakfast is functional - not amazing but still a great way to start the day (and it's included). All the basics are covered: cereal, bagels/croissants, fruit, hard-boiled eggs, and yogurt (including organic Greek, which was excellent).
The staff is nice and helpful. The only negative thing, for some, would be the elevator. It is, quite possibly, the slowest elevator in NYC. It's easier to take the stairs (except if you have your luggage). If stairs are a problem, and you are impatient, keep that in mind. Otherwise, it's really no problem.
As we'll be back in NYC soon, we most definitely will look at the staying here again. Highly recommended.
- Also Known As:
- The French Quarters Guest Apartments Hotel New York City
- The French Quarters Guest Apartments Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on New York’s famed Restaurant Row, The French Quarters Guest Apartments brings a taste of the Big Easy to the Big Apple. Whether in town for a week, a weekend or an extended visit, the comfort and quality of superior accommodations and service awaits you. Our sophisticated and comfortable surroundings will refresh and rejuvenate you for another day in the board room or night on the town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The French Quarters Guest Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.