Pulling up in the cab I thought I was being dropped at the club, not the hotel. However my arrival and welcome from the front desk was friendly and efficient and they were very helpful in sorting out a room for me, as my group hadn't reserved one for me! The rooms are small, but perfectly formed - and the views are incredible. I was in a room on the 16th floor with views right out across the Hudson. A spectacular way to wake up every morning. The beds are SO comfortable you just melt into them and the enormous bath tub was a real treat, along with the rain shower. The only bad points were the service in the bar/restaurant on the ground floor - staff all had a little bit too much attitude and after waiting around to be given a menu (with several prompts) drinks took forever to arrive and were often wrong. This is definitely a hotel to stay at if you want to hang with the crowds, but if you're after a more chilled out experience the book elsewhere. I loved it though - a very cool place to stay and right in the heart of the Meatpacking District - it doesn't get much better!
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- The Standard New York Hotel
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Jetsetter, Splendia, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels and Priceline so you can book your The Standard High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.