This used to be one of my favorite 4 star midtown New York hotels thanks to its location, its old world charm, and its outstanding service.
Alas, no more. Of course the location - at Lexington and East 57th street - is still outstanding, and the staff have remained friendly, if not always competent. However, the owners seem to be skimping on upkeep and maintenance (is it perhaps because of the severe economic crisis in Ireland?), which has made my current stay much less pleasant than it should have been. The first night there was no heating in the room whatsoever, and thereafter the heating / cooling unit's fan had only one speed, namely strong, no matter what the setting. Worst of all was the toilet's flushing mechanism, which during 60 or more seconds made enough noise to wake everybody in the rooms along the hallway.
Unfortunately my requests for remedy brought a friendly promise of redress, but no action whatsoever. This leaves me no choice but to warn fellow travellers by stating that the hotel is no longer worth its the room prices.
- Also Known As:
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel New York City
- New York Fitzpatrick Hotel
- Fitzpatrick New York
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan New York City
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel
- Fitzpatrick Hotel New York
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan
- Fitzpatricks Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- European-style Boutique hotel with Irish hospitality, at 57th St - Rooms with beamed ceilings, brass fixtures, rosewood furniture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Fitzpatrick Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.