First of all, you have to be realistic with your expectations that you are staying at a cheap hostel. However, I have stayed at many hostels around the world, and this was one of worst.
First some positives
1. Free full breakfast in the morning with pancakes, eggs and coffee
2. Free dinners (occasionally), I had a free spaghetti dinner 1 of the 3 nights I was there
3. Not much for other cheap options in San Diego
Now the negatives
1. This area is kind of run down and seedy.
2. Parking can be pretty hard to find nearby
3. You have to leave the hostel completely for 2 hours or so during the day for cleaning (can't remember exactly but 2-4pm?)
4. Biggest negative were the people staying, I mean living there. The hostel did have some travelers but there were also some people living there. The hostel has a deal where if you agree to clean (see #3 above), that you get to stay free. There were some people living there and it seemed like cleaning was how they were working for their stay. I'm talking about 50ish year old men and women who were not travelers and seemed like they were a step from being homeless. This just killed the hostel vibe and they were just grungy and gross.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Beach International Hotel
- Ocean Beach International Hotel San Diego
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Ocean Beach International Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.