It's an interesting building in a pleasant location.
Check in was a somewhat impersonal (perhaps insincere) and the reservation details didn't match my conversations with iChat direct. That was resolved.
The hotel floors are rather warren like and you'll find lost clients trying to locate their rooms.
Anything additional is expensive here. $50 for the club entry, $40 for parking. At the weekend there are much cheaper alternatives for parking ($10) next to the hotel
The champagne and rum bar is a bar, with champagne and rum among the offerings. It is branding nothing else. Some would call the bar lively. Rowdy might be an alternate description.
The in house dining options aren't exciting and there are much better alternatives nearby.
Ongoing issues with my electronic key had me wondering if I had become magnetic. Does anyone else get bored being told by front office staff that it must be something in your wallet or an electronic device?
Note although it states that a room key is needed to get the elevator to go to guest floors it isn't activated which seemed surprising.
There was also a lack of front staff to get taxis. They were always busy there are just too few of them.
So nice hotel, nice location but nothing to really get you to love this place. Everything including the wall art just has that 'corporate' feeling that gives you little to attach to.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Boston Hotel Boston
- Intercontinental Boston Hotel
- Boston Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing on the very spot where a late-night tea party ignited the American Revolution, InterContinental Boston puts you at the heart of history in ultra-modern style. Adjacent to the Financial District, our gleaming glass towers are a short walk from Faneuil Hall, Back Bay, Chinatown, Beacon Hill and the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.