My wife and I stayed at this resort for a week after our 5-night stay in Oahu. When you are in Hawaii, don't plan on spending several days in your resort. Our best days were when we drove around the island, hiked and did excursions (DO A HELICOPTER RIDE). We were fortunate enough to have someone gift us a timeshare for a week and we jumped at the opportunity. Overall, this resort was amazing and we had a great time. But I want to be honest: it was our honeymoon so we thought everything was great. When you are in a good mood, everything seems to be awesome.
Rooms - We got a double room with an ocean view. Our view was of the bay and overlooked the pool. We had a living room with a TV, kitchenette, refrigerator, and extra bathroom. We also had a bedroom with all the typical stuff. To be honest, the first thing we did was drive to Costco (down the road) and buy some rum and Mai Tai mix. We also bought a couple different things we could microwave for lunch. It was a great idea. We saved a lot of money by using stuff we got from Costco - I would recommend it even if you have to get a membership. Our room had a couple of balcony's and they were well furnished. Since it was a time-share, we had free internet in our room, which was a great opportunity for us to brag to people on Facebook and Twitter that we were in Hawaii and they weren't.
Grounds - It is a very large resort with several different activities that we could do (we didn't do any of them because we wanted to lay by the pool when we were at the resort). When we were at the resort, we laid by the pool and made our own drinks and ordered food when we felt like it. It is kind of a fight to get chairs by the pool, but it's not too bad compared to other places that we have been (Mexico!). The pool is gigantic. We are from the Northern part of the U.S.A. so the sun was very hot to us and it was nice to hop in the pool and cool off once in while. Besides the pool and surrounding areas, it was very clean and well taken care of. We never noticed anything that seemed unkept. They even have grills that you can use when you see fit and those seemed to be clean! We never used them, but they were being used by people nightly.
Restaurants - We ate at Dukes and loved it! We both wish that we would have eaten there more. It was a great experience. Go upstairs when you eat and do the salad bar. It is amazing. We ate at "The Beach Hut" at least three times. It was the last meal we wanted to have before we left. It is within walking distance from the resort and is a great (cheap) breakfast. We ate at other places around the island and were impressed with any restaurant near the resort.
Overall - We had an AMAZING time. My wife and I are counting the days until we get to go back and experience the amazing wonders and hidden treasures that can be found on the island of Kauai. We spent one week, and could have spent several. We spent a day on a Na Pali coast cruise, we hiked a part of the Kalalau trail to the waterfall (can't remember the name right now - sorry!!!!), did a helicopter ride and drove around the island and explored. It was something we will never forget and the place that you sleep is a minor part of your overall experience in Hawaii.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Kauai Hotel
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Lihue
- Marriott Kauai Hotel Beach
- Kauai Marriott
- Marriott Kauai
- Marriott Lihue
- Lihue Marriott
- Marriotts Kauai Beach Club
- Marriott Kauai Resort Lihue
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for its warm island hospitality and idyllic location on the Garden Isle, the Kauai Marriott Resort on Kalapaki Beach underwent a $50 million upgrade, with major enhancements to all its guestrooms, suites, restaurants and pool deck. Unique among hotels in Kauai, our resort sits on Kalapaki Bay and offers a wide variety of recreational activities, a superior beach experience and 18 holes of Jack Nicklaus championship golf at the adjacent Kauai Lagoons Golf Club. Business travelers will enjoy our 5 Star Hotel's 20,230 sq ft of flexible meeting and event space in Kauai. Guests traveling for pleasure will enjoy one of the largest family-friendly pools in Hawaii and our spacious 5 star hotel rooms, most of which offer spectacular views and feature a balcony. Pamper yourself with a luxurious spa treatment at our hotel's on-site Alexander Spa and Salon. Discover a leader in style and service among Kauai hotels and resorts and enjoy breathtaking beachfront views at the Kauai Marriott Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Marriott Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.