Upon looking for a hotel to book, I stumbled across Mt Olympus Rooms which included waterpark and indoor theme park passes, in addition to two days of tubing/skiing passes. Seemed like a good buy for $110/night. WRONG!
Upon approaching the main resort we quickly realized that our room was not part of the main complex, we were part of a detached scary motel community...a few minute drive from the primary resort.
Upon check-in the hotel staff were rude and short. We asked what it would cost to upgrade to the "real hotel"...only $299! No thanks.
We cringed parking in our motel parking lot. All rooms had exterior doors. We were happy to see that there was an interior entrance as well. The interior hall was clean and presentable.
The rooms were clean and obviously decorated on a low budget. The headboards painted on the wall were pretty cheesy. First thing, since it was kind of a ghetto place, we checked the exterior door from the room - IT WAS UNLOCKED! As was the window. Disturbing. As we were in and out thoughout the afternoon/evening, it became evident that the walls must have been made of cardboard. We could hear EVERYTHING going on in the motel. For example, the neighboring rooms taking a shower sounded like a freight train.
The sole reason we booked with Mt Olympus was because we thought we were getting a real hotel room with activities to do (waterpark, themepark and tubing/skiing). The waterpark is the smallest indoor waterpark I've ever seen, it does not compare to the hotels competitors. Also, the indoor theme park is geared only for young children. If you are going away with adult friends or have teenage children, you will be sorely disappointed!
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Rome - At Mt. Olympus Water And Theme Park
- Wisconsin Dells Treasure Island
- Treasure Island Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Rome
- Treasure Island Water Park Resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mt. Olympus Resort provides our guests with both Indoor and Outdoor Water & Theme Park fun! All 1300 Mt. Olympus Resort rooms are spread over the famous Wisconsin Dells Strip, surrounding Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park. Free skiing, tubing, snowboarding and Golf passes (depending on season) are included with stay, Free wi-fi access available, 44 Indoor and Outdoor Water Slides, 4 Interactive Children's water play areas, 7 Outdoor Go-Kart Tracks, 1 Indoor Go-Kart Track, 1 Indoor Roller Coaster, 5 Outdoor Roller Coasters, 1 Surf pool, creating 9ft waves! 1 Wave pool and a giant water fortress. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Mt. Olympus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.