My mother, father and husband stayed at the Cascade Harbor Inn over the July 4th weekend, and were thrilled we did...as we always are (we've stayed there probably no less than a dozen times over the last 10-15 years). This is just a great hotel. The staff are super friendly and very accomodating of special requests and offer to help in whatever above-and-beyond way that they can. We always stay in their "suite" setup as we have either traveled as 2 couples (my parents and my husband this time), or as a family (as in the past with my parents and sister), and it is terrific. They have a full kitchen (you could easily cook whatever meal you want), 2 balconies (both with views that you would EASILY pay double for elsewhere in the world), a fireplace (stocked with a new 3 hr log every day as part of housekeeping), couch, dinner table and tv. Now, keep in mind that this isn't a 5 star resort...so while everything is cozy, comfortable and, I think, really spectacular, this isn't a sleek/modern boutique hotel with million dollar furnishings...the furnishings are like I said, cozy... and perfect for the environment they are in...you didn't come to Orcas to be in a perfectly manicured environment, after all; it's the glory of nature and the water and the park...and this place fits perfectly. I would recommend this to anyone.
Other terrific benefits of the Cascade Harbor Inn are that it is less than 10 minutes from:
- Eastsound (the best little "ocean-side" village...great restaurants/stores/organic food market)
- Cafe Olga - terrific restaurant about 10 min. south of the Inn.
- Moran State Park - best views in the world from the top of Mt. Constitution, and able to hike straight onto the trails from behind the Inn - no parking fees that way!
- Whale watching tours - leave right from the Bay. You can walk from your room to the boat in about 3 minutes.
- Terrific restaurant at Rosario Resort (get the benefits of the resort - like the swimming pool, too! - within 5 min. walking distance without paying resort prices).
I read some of the other reviews and wanted to ensure people knew how terrific this place is. Our family has been coming for well over a decade, and when we have kids, I will definitely be taking my kids, too.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC