Booked weekend break here with my boyfriend after spotting excellent deal on expedia (£30pppn all inclusive) We hired a car from the airport and hotel was easy to find after a 45 minute drive.
On arrival very good impressions large lobby area, and check in quick and simple. Was a short walk to our room, we were in block 49, although we are both young fit and healthy, might be a pain with a buggy, but saying that would prefer to be a little further away as could imagine there would be a fair amount of noise during high season (especially in the suite rooms which appeared to be over the snack bar area)
Room was ok, had small burn holes in top cover on bed and ceiling tile had been discloged and wouldn't close but overall clean and pleasant, although very sparse, just twin beds tv and 4 small table type chairs. Empty fridge and a microwave? Shower was very good and powerful, nice touch they provided showergel etc.
The food was ok, the friday and staurday night was very busy at dinner and breakfast but by sunday was very empty, selection of food was ok for a weekend but wouldn't want to eat there for too much longer than that. The coffee and cake served in snack bar late afternoon seemed pointless, it was 1 tray of cake (if there was any left) and 1 tray of ham, 1 of cheese a basket of bread and a toaster (that was very slow), although the staff in the snack bar area would make you a decent cup of coffee (the machine coffee wasn't up to much)
we didn't experience too many queues for drinks at either the lobby bar, snack bar or disco area. The disco area was very dark and a bit cold (the weather wasn't great and the only doors in were left wide open) although they carried on serving drinks until 1am and music was up to date.
Lovely little beach area with some rocks you can walk around, pools looked ok but can imagine would be heaving in the summer and not enough space to splash about, no slides for kids.
One gripe was went to reception to borrow some pool towels, and was told had to leave 10e deposit for each towel, I had no cash on me as not long arrived they wouldn't charge the deposit to my room (even though they had taken my credit card details) and as i didn't have cash they wouldn't give me a towel which annoyed me a little, as not everyone would have cash in pocket at an all inclusive hotel?
Overall ok as a base for exploring the island although is a little way from anywhere we did look for the way to walk to next town along but couldn't find it, wouldn't want to of spent any longer than 3 nights there though
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Club Cala Barca Hotel
- Iberostar Club Cala Barca Hotel Cala Mondrago
- Iberostar Cala Barca
- Iberostar Cala Mondrago
- Club Cala Barca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In pine woods next to the small cove of Barca Trencada, 3 km to Porto Petro. A paradise for children and youngsters. Romantic bays, sports galore, snack bar directly the beach. Plenty of action and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Iberostar Club Cala Barca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.