My boyfriend and I enjoyed a lovely and romantic weekend in Charlottesville over President's Day weekend in 2012. We chose to stay at the Inn at Sugar Hollow Farm based on the positive reviews here on TripAdvisor, and it was every bit as wonderful as we hoped it would be.
Dick and Hayden are friendly, gracious, hospitable innkeepers. We were snowed in one night, and they rushed to whip up a big pot of chili and some cornbread for the guests to enjoy for dinner. We could not have asked for sweeter or more accommodating hosts, and the views of the Blue Ridge Mountains in a blizzard were gorgeous and unforgettable.
A few highlights:
- The inn is located just two miles down the road from the only free access to Shenandoah National Park. It's a beautiful 7 or 8 mile hike up to Skyline Drive and incredible views. Be sure to ask Dick to tell you the history of the trail before you go.
- The inn is also close to a number of wineries. We visited Veritas Vineyards and King Family Vineyards before retreating back to the inn due to the blizzard.
- The inn is a short drive from Charlottesville and Monticello (25-30 minutes). We spent our first day touring Monticello and UVA before having dinner in Charlottesville, and we spent the rest of our time back in Crozet.
We had a wonderful time at Sugar Hollow, and we would love to return!
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Sugar Hollow Farm Hotel
- The Inn At Sugar Hollow Farm Hotel Crozet
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at Sugar Hollow Farm is located on 70 serene acres surrounded by picturesque mountains, majestic hardwood forests and rushing woodland streams. Unwind in your whirlpool tub or in front of the fireplace in one of our nine elegant guestrooms. Whether you choose to explore nearby historic areas, to tour and taste at local wineries, or to hike in the Shenandoah National Park, your stay at the Inn will be both relaxing and memorable. ... more less