We first stayed at Cambridge Beaches in 1994. As this was our fifth visit, we obviously love the place! It had been a few years since our last visit and my fear was that things might have changed for the worse - if anything, things were better than ever. Having stayed in various rooms over the years, we requested Cove South which we love for it's private location and wonderful view. The room had been renovated since our last stay and we were delighted by the fresh, new decor and the extremely nice bathroom. As a previous poster mentioned, the twin Robern mirrored medicine chests gave us plenty of space to stash toiletries and made things feel tidy and homey.
Management does a great job of making returning guests feel special. Since this was a "milestone" visit (guests names are placed on a wall as "fivers" "tenners" "fifteeners", etc),
we were treated with complimentary wine and goodies in our room, invited to a cocktail party for returning guests and presented with a small gift. The efficient, friendly staff, and the atmosphere they create, make guests feel like valued members of a very special club.
Cambridge Beaches is not for everyone. If you like to sit back and bask in peace and quiet, this is the place for you. The location is a bit off the beaten track. The place shuts down pretty early at night. We've never heard loud music or parties in rooms during our visits (be sure to arrange in advance any cabs you might need coming or going in the evening after about 9pm - word to the wise). The beach and pool scene is refreshingly tame. While dress codes have relaxed somewhat over the years, many guests do get a bit gussied up for dinner. We tend to skip the watersports activites (jet skis, kayaks, etc) and have not used the spa, but many guests do make use of these amenities and appear to be having lots of fun!
We dined at both the Tamarisk restaurant and at Breezes on the beach. Both served lovely food - although I felt the menu at Breezes included a wider range of choices. I suggest you check the menus which are posted during the day to help with that decision. Room service breakfast is nice, but the choices were far better in the main dining room which serves outdoors when the weather is dry.
For us, arriving at Cambridge Beaches feels like coming home - we will not wait so long for our next trip - gotta get working on becoming "tenners"!
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Beaches Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Hotel Sandys
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda
- Cambridge Beaches Bermuda/Sandys Parish
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning AAA Four Diamond Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa, Bermuda’s premier cottage resort, provides the ideal sanctuary for adults seeking an intimate and relaxing escape from the demands of contemporary life. Guests indulge in a serene and romantic getaway while experiencing the Island’s rich history and distinctive culture. Cambridge Beaches invites guests to discover breathtaking panoramas of the Atlantic Ocean. Relax, renew, reconnect or simply do nothing at all, and do it well. Whether you seek activity or tranquility, the resort beckons with a wealth of amenities, from the indulgent Ocean Spa and four private beaches to an onsite marina, kayaks, croquet and putting greens, tennis courts and indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Not to mention the seemingly endless private coves, providing the perfect setting for an intimate escape.Cambridge Beaches offers guests all the sophistication of an internationally acclaimed resort in an authentic Bermudian environment. Accommodations are provided in elegantly appointed traditional pink Bermuda-style cottages and customary afternoon tea is served in the historic main house. And all of this may be enjoyed without the demands or distractions of traveling with children, as Cambridge Beaches is the island’s only resort that caters exclusively to adults.The resort’s casually sophisticated environment encourages a sense of total relaxation, romance and renewal. Idyllically set on a 30-acre peninsula on Bermuda’s western coast, the property boasts 4 private beaches, a nature reserve, private gardens and spectacular water views from every vantage point of the property. Additionally, guests enjoy unique treatments and wellness options at the seductive Ocean Spa, and a range of culinary delights in three restaurants, including the celebrated Tamarisk Room, rated by Food & Wine Magazine as one of the Bermuda’s best restaurants.Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is legendary Bermuda at its very best. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Cambridge Beaches reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.