I guess I should have read further down the Trip Adviser reviews before booking here. Yep...it was pretty bad. For $100 a night, you have got to be kidding me. The lobby is very nice. But the room and corridors are grungy looking. My pregnant wife and I tried to get a refund after just the first 20minutes in the room. You could feel the springs in the bed just by sitting on the end. The hotel manager on duty that night would not allow us to accept a refund and leave. It was really the most bizzare situation. We hadn't even used the room or the bathroom. And it wasn't booked through a third party (Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, etc.) Even after we contacted corporate. Corporate said they had never experienced a situation in which the hotel manager refused to refund us so we could find another place. Corporate though, could not force them to do so. And that hotel manager was adamant that we stay there. Very strange and foolish on her part, because we did manage to get a refund the next morning from another more reasonable manager. But what a tiresome ordeal. So needless to say we did end up staying there after they found us another room. The bed in the second room was a bit better. But yikes!! One of the side lamp bulbs was burned out, the toilet seat was broken and half hanging off, there were hairs both inside the tub and on the shower ceiling. The woman the next morning who issued us the credit was very nice and apologetic and so only because of her, would we give Holiday Inn another chance. Not this one!! But perhaps we won't black list them entirely!!
But seriously, save yourself the aggravation and stay at the Hampton Inn or the Marriot Spring Hill Suites just down the road. They are about the same price. about $100/night for a King Room. That Holiday Inn was about on par with one of $40-50/night places. Perhaps a Red Roof Inn or Rodeway Inn or Econologe. For our second night we stayed at the Hampton Inn just up the road for the same price and what a difference!! Bed quality, cleanliness. Plus complimentary breakfast. Incomparable.
Seriously folks, don't even waste your time with this one. There are PLENTY of places in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. No need to fool around with this place.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge Hotel
- Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge Hotel Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the time you enter our lodge-style lobby, you will feel right at home at the Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge. We are a completely non-smoking full service hotel in the center of all that Pigeon Forge, TN has to offer. Our knowledgeable guest services team is here to help you with your questions about The Great Smoky Mountains National Park or your favorite local attraction. We will make sure you are ready to get your adventure started in the right direction. Each guest room is equipped with a 42 inch LCD-TV, microwave, refrigerator, and FREE wireless internet. As the only Full-Service Hotel in Pigeon Forge, you will be able to eat, sleep, relax, and play all under one room. We offer over 11,000 sq ft of meeting/banquet space with state of the art audio visual equipment that is perfect for seminars, dinner banquets, weddings, reunions, etc. Our on-site Sales and Catering team is here to ease the stress of planning your event. Whether you are here attending an event, enjoying a meal at our on-site restaurant, or in need of a getaway, we provide you with the level of service that you deserve Enjoy total comfort and convenience in Pigeon Forge with the most trusted name in travel and we will make your stay a memorable one. We are planning for your arrival and waiting to say Welcome Home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity and Olotels so you can book your Holiday Inn Pigeon Forge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.