7 of us shared the Coach House and Beech House for a week in Sept 2010.
The Good Points:
- Good location on a bus route about a 30 min walk to downtown, and a 5 minute walk to the beach.
- Plenty of room to park
- Although it's on a busy road, the cottages are set well back, so it's very quiet and peaceful.
- The grounds are very nice and back onto a wooded bank with Rottenburn golf course at the top so there’s absolutely nobody behind.
- Tom was responsive to our questions before (by email) and after we arrived.
- Free Wireless Internet, although it went out a few times.
- Good value. The price was quite reasonable.
Things That Could be Improved:
- The Beech House smelled musty and needs a good scrubbing, perhaps by professional cleaners.
- No hand soap. We had to ask for it.
- The lengthy list of chores required before we left was unexpected. Since this is a self catering, we expected to have to leave the cottages neat and tidy with the dishes cleaned and put away, but we didn’t expect to be required to mop the floors and clean the bathrooms and toilets. Also since there was a shortage of cleaning supplies, we had to go out and buy some. We thought that Tom could easily charge £20 or £30 more per week and have someone come in and clean after each use.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and would come back to the Coach House, but not to the Beech House.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC