I'm all about ambiance and Spinnker at Shipyard Plantation has the quiet, laid-back, southern charm and ambiance that one would expect to find in South Carolina. Even in February, the days can reach a toasty 70 degrees. Cycling around the island on the complimentary bikes is what I choose to do, while G plays the links. Occasionally, after a hard day of golf, G will hop on the other bike and we'll ride to our favorite restaurant. Mostly, though, when it comes to dinner, we first enjoy doing some shopping on the island's ridicuously expensive gourmet grocery store and then spending most nights preparing wonderful meals in the well-stocked full kitchen. The only meal I generally cook at home during the year is Thanksgiving dinner, so I really enjoy cooking while on vacation. I usually take one day to cruise to Savannah for the experience of Riverfront shopping. We have already made our reservations for February and March of 2011, but we'll be staying at the other end of the Shipyard Plantation, at Egret Point. We prefer to travel to Hilton Head before the golf season heats up and the island gets busy. If you (Lobsterlvrs) are among the smoking, drinking, bowling, betting, loud, tattooed, nose-tongue-eyebrow-navel-hardware-sporting crowd, you'll better appreciate Myrtle Beach; Hilton Head is for the rugby, polo, tennis, golf playing, bicycle-riding, gourmet-food-eating-type crowd.
- Also Known As:
- Spinnaker At Shipyard Hotel Hilton Head
- Spinnaker At Shipyard Hotel
- Spinnaker Shipyard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These spacious NON-SMOKING villas feature:sleeping maximum of 6 peoplefree daily Greens Fees * for up to 4 daily at Shipyard Golf Clubdaily tennis* at Van Der Meer Racquet Clubtwo free bicyclesfree wireless internet and free local and long distance callson-site pool and tennis courtsliving room features 36" screen cable television/DVD, stereo system, sleeper sofa, half bath and large picture windows dining room that seats 6 peoplelarge, well-equipped kitchen with granite countertops and breakfast counterlarge private decks for outside dining with great lagoon and golf views .full size washer and dryerking size bed, high ceilings and ceiling fan, cable television/DVD player and window seat in master bedroomgranite countertops, jetted tub, glass shower stall, high ceilings with skylights and double vanity in the master bath second bedroom has two twin beds, cable television/DVD player and private bath with tub/showersupervised children’s activities in season and pool party with live entertainment* Free Greens Fees and tennis at Van Der Meer Racquet Club are available to Hilton Head Accommodations rental guests only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Spinnaker at Shipyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.