Wr stayed at the John Rutledge House for two nights with our small dog. We had a beautiful room in the Ashley Carriage House, and the bed was so comfortable! My dog enjoyed the treats that greeted her in our room upon arrival with a note attached. Breakfast in the ballroom was delicious and a lovely spot to relax. The location is perfect. I would definitely stay here the next time I am in Charleston.
- Also Known As:
- John Rutledge House Hotel Charleston
- John Rutledge House Hotel
- John Rutledge Hotel
- John Rutledge Charleston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- America's Most Historic Inn. John Rutledge, one of the fifty-five signers of the U.S. Constitution, built his home in 1763. Now exquisitely restored, it is one of only fifteen homes belonging to those signers to survive - and the only one to now accommodate overnight hotel guests. History records that George Washington called here in 1791. An entry in his diary shows a breakfast with Mrs. Rutledge. A loving rejuvenation has restored the beautiful details of the home's 18th and 19th century architecture: the elaborately carved Italian marble fireplaces, the original plaster moldings, the inlaid floors and the graceful ironwork. The John Rutledge House Inn offers nineteen guest rooms within a complex of three buildings. One may choose between the elegance of rooms and spacious suites in the original grand residence or the charm and seclusion of rooms in the inn's two carriage houses. Antiques and historically accurate reproductions give each room its own warmth and distinction. John Rutledge House Inn is proud to be a founding hotel in Historic Hotels of America, as well as Select Registry - Distinguished Inns of America and Classic Inns of the South. Guests may leave cars parked on-site for their entire stay because the best of this beautiful port city is just beyond the doors of the John Rutledge House Inn. The city's finest restaurants, theaters, shops, and the Old City Market are all in short walking distance. The gorgeous residential area "South of Broad" begins directly opposite the Inn. A stay in this elegant antebellum bed and breakfast offers the opportunity to experience history as well as the warm hospitality for which the South is justly famous. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your John Rutledge House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.