We just returned from the Inn at Bear Creek and while we loved almost everything about our stay, there is room for improvement.
The Inn is beautiful, clean and well staffed. We stayed in a King Suite which had a wonderful view of the ski slopes. The suite was tastefully decorated, well appointed and quite comfortable for a family of four.
The hotel staff was polite and helpful.
The Inn recently underwent a magnificient renovation and expansion which included another restaurant/lounge, more meeting rooms, a spa and an outdoor heated pool and hot tub area (both were closed when we were there).
Although the ammenities of the Inn are lovely, THEY END AT 11;00 ON THE DAY OF YOUR CHECK OUT. Once you check out, you must move your car out of the parking lot, you no longer have access to the Inn's pool, hot tubs, entrances, storage areas, locks, etc. I found this to be hightly unusual for a upscale resort and spoke with the manager about it. She indicated to me that once you pay your bill, you are no longer considered a guest and that the Inn cannot allow non-registered guests, even if they were there the night before. to use any other their facilities on the day of check-out . While the Inn at Bear Creek wants to present itself as an upscale resort; once the 11:00 AM hour hits, you might as well have stayed at the Motel 6 the evening before. If the resort had made some accomodations in this regard, it would have been a PERFECT stay. I hope the management will take this as constructive criticism and make some changes in this regard.
- Also Known As:
- Bear Creek Mountain Hotel Macungie
- Bear Creek Mountain Hotel
- Hotel At Bear Creek
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bear Creek Mountain Resort & Conference Center is nestled on over 330 wooded acres in scenic Berks County, Pennsylvania. The resort offers skiing, snowboarding and snowtubing in the winter. During the spring, summer and fall the resort offers hiking, mountain biking, fishing, disc golf, boating, tennis and many other activities. Guests can plan an event in the spacious banquet and meeting facilities, dine at The Grille at Bear Creek or the Trail’s End Cafe, relax at The Spa or enjoy a dip in our indoor and outdoor pools and hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Bear Creek Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.