I've stayed at this hotel several times now on my trips back and forth driving between Ohio and New York. It's just about at the midway point, only requiring a short detour through the cow fields and farmhouses of Pennsylvania (very scenic at sunrise in the fog). I seem to have amazing luck getting very low rates on Priceline here, making this probably the best deal I've ever gotten on any hotel! The place is spectacularly clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is the best I have ever found at any hotel--not only do they have Belgian waffles with real blueberries to top them, good donuts and muffins, and breakfast sausage/ham/cheese biscuits for those who like unhealthy stuff :) but they also have a great selection for the more health-conscious: good fruit, several varieties of yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. I have used the fitness room and it is VERY well-equipped, well lit and clean, with a view of the indoor swimming pool. The wifi here is free and works great. The bed is SUPER comfortable with lots of fluffy pillows, and the rooms have a mini fridge and some have microwaves too. The bathroom has new fixtures, very clean, nice towels and Pantene shampoo AND conditioner.
While this hotel is a little bit out of the way from route 80, it feels so safe and I always feel comfortable leaving stuff in my car in the parking lot which is in clear view of the front desk. The lobby has computers you can use, a fireplace, and is generally a very welcoming place to hang out/eat breakfast.
Best of all is the attitude of the staff here. I was stuck in a bad traffic jam in Ohio and wasn't going to be able to make it to the hotel till 5:30 a.m., and I was so grouchy and tired--but Brian, the guy manning the desk all night, reassured me that I would have no trouble checking in so late and he even allowed me to check out VERY late the next day, 3 pm--which allowed me to rest adequately to continue my trip. I was so grateful that he made this special effort to make my trip easier after the ordeal of sitting on route 80 for hours waiting for them to clear the wreck far ahead of me!
I will continue to try and stay here every time I drive to and from the midwest/New York. It's got to be one of my favorite hotels in the country!
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven Hotel
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven Hotel Lock Haven
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Lock Haven
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at a great hotel with superior service. Our staff is here to help you and provide you with whatever you may need while traveling. Only 35 miles from Beaver Stadium, this hotel features spacious rooms with luxurious bedding. With our on-site fitness center you don’t have to worry about ever missing a workout. Surf the web or send and receive emails with the free internet service. Every morning enjoy a complimentary breakfast included with your stay. Our guests can appreciate the beautiful views, the variety of locally owned dining options, as well as numerous outdoor activities including biking, hiking, kayaking, hunting and fishing. Whether you’re in town on business or on a leisure visit, be sure to check out the local attractions including the Little League Museum, Hyner View State Park, Piper Aviation Museum, Millbrook Playhouse, Lock Haven University, and Penns Cave. Be sure to make your way to the home of the Nittany Lions at Penn State University in State College. There are numerous activities to do, and you don’t want to miss out on them! So book your room today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Lock Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.