This hotel is probably perfect for the business customer, very smart rooms, meeting rooms and professional staff.
The room was very comfortable and there are relaxed lounge areas.
In terms of location, it's central to a lot of areas, and has a harvester, pizza hut, KFC, co-op and petrol station within hopping distance. But it is right by the main routes, so there is nothing else to readily see in walking distance.
I was a little irritated that you had to pay extra for Internet access in your room, and additional tv. I felt for the price this should have been included. Also there were only enough tea bags and milk for one cup of tea each.
The breakfast had a wide selection of continental and fried items, including freshly prepared poached eggs and kippers. Be prepared for an extra dose of oil with everything though.
In fact that was the main theme of the evening meal, most items had been severely deep fried, others were dressed in copious amounts of oil (including the salmon salad, the salmon fried and oil over the top). The burgers and fries were overcooked too. There was a large amount of fish in the fish and chip meal but the batter was soggy and oily.
There were nice bread rolls though.
Overall, this hotel is great for a stopover, there are no concerns about cleanliness, accessories (the room had iron, hair dryer, safe), but it lacks homeliness and quality food.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge Hotel
- Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge Hotel Amesbury
- Holiday Inn Amesbury
- Salisbury Stonehenge Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Salisbury
- Amesbury Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge Amesbury, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the incredibly bold and stylish sophistication of the closest hotel accommodation to the mystical Stonehenge - Holiday Inn Salisbury-Stonehenge. Located on the A303 in the heart of picturesque Wiltshire, England, our contemporary Holiday Inn Salisbury hotel is easily accessible from the M3 motorway, London, the Midlands, and the West Country. Work, relax, and make the most of your stay in the modern, air-conditioned comfort of our well-appointed rooms and suites. Savour mouth-watering cuisine or unwind with casual cocktails in our AA Rosette award winning Solstice Bar & Grill restaurant. Enjoy a STARBUCKS coffee while making use of the free Wi-Fi in our lounge, ideal for informal business meetings or just catching up with friends. Experience easy access to the colourful landscape of sights and attractions dotting the English countryside. Whether you’re traveling for business or on holiday, you’ll enjoy the superb amenities and boutique-style services that set us apart from the usual Salisbury Stonehenge hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Holiday Inn Salisbury Stonehenge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.