We had a 5th floor oceanview room with a kitchenette. Room was clean and had a great view, but it was foggy the entire time we stayed there. Not their fault, but once the sun came out for about 30 minutes and the room was really hot unless you were sitting on the bed under the ceiling fan. If the sun had been on it's best behavior the room would have been really hot. No AC so be aware of this. It was close enough to walk to the boardwalk, but far enough away not to be bothered. We enjoyed riding our bikes on the walk and in the neighborhood, so all was not lost. The Queensize pillow top mattress needed to be replaced as it had seen it's day. The pull down mattress on the other Queen was too hard. No Goldilocks did not find this room to be "just right". Would we pay the price for this room again? No, I do not think it is worth the price. Perhaps, with AC and the sunset (IF the sun shines)..maybe, but the No AC would definitely be a problem. I know the management in answering will say, most of the time the AC is not needed, but direct sun on a hot day = a hot room till the sun sets! Give us a choice!
We did like the location, the room was ok but we found it to be less than expected. Staff was friendly and accommodating, however that did not help my husband's back.The breakfast buffet was basically the same you have free at other hotels so do expect more than this kind of buffet. We did not eat at the restaurant connected to the hotel otherwise. so you're own your own as far as that is concerned.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ocean View Hotel Seaside
- Best Western Ocean View Hotel
- Best Western Seaside
- Seaside Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Western Ocean View Resort in Seaside, Oregon is located on the beautiful Pacific Ocean directly in front of one of the best beaches on the West Coast. The resort delivers first class and comfortable beachfront accommodations, family-style service, and terrific on-line specials on the scenic and historic North Oregon Coast. Seaside is the last stop on the Lewis & Clark trail and the area offers rich history in an incredible, natural beauty. Astoria, only 12 miles north, is the oldest city west of the Mississippi. Cannon Beach, just five miles south is the "Carmel of the Oregon Coast"including the famous Haystack Rock. Seaside boasts a variety of activities from beach combing, hiking, golf, boating, fishing and of course, the famous Broadway street and turnaround. For family fun and lot's to do, Seaside and the Best Western Ocean View Resort are the perfect pair. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Best Western, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your BEST WESTERN Ocean View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.