I booked this hotel post reading the reviews on Tripadvisor but the visit did not turn out to be as i had imagined. I mailed the hotel with my query and they reverted with the account details once i decided to stay in the deluxe room. After i deposited the advance, i did not receive any response from them for the next 2 days despite mailing and calling them numerous times.
On check-in, we found out that the hotel reception is a desk kept in the open where there manager - Shabbir sits. He showed us our rooms which were not adjacent to each other as i had requested while making the booking. Upon requesting again, he went downstairs and came back with the same reply. We relented and checked in. Me and my wife took the first room and my parents took the other room. After around 1 hr while we had unpacked and were getting fresh, the manager showed up again and told us that my parents need to shift to a different room as he accidentally checked us into someone elses room. The other room was still not complete, it did not have a fan, the paint was fresh, the room was missing some lights which were there in the previous room and there was no medium of ventilation in the room. When we asked for a different room, the manager denied saying all rooms were full even when we were willing to pay to get an upgrade. I helped my parents shift they luggage to the other room as the manager did not send anyone to help them with their luggage.
The manager then called me to complete the entry forms and tried to sell the buffet dinner to me(350/person) which was twice the cost one would incur if they order from Ala Carte. I chose Ala Carte and told the manager that we will eat in our room only. At 8:00 PM, when we called room service, the manager answered and told us that they cannot serve room service till the buffet is over, which was 9:00 PM. Any order taken at 9 will be completed till 10. Angry and disgusted, we walked to the mall road and ate at Kwality Restaurant.
Next morning, we ordered tea and the kettle used to serve us was broken. When i opened the kettle to avoid the tea from spilling, it stank as if it had not been washed for years. There was a layer to white deposit in the kettle which iam not sure was milk or sugar or something else. We returned the tea and went out to eat breakfast at the mall road. We ate outside the next day also.
1) Location(This place is at walking distance from Mall Road)
1) Useless Management - The manager only knows how to sweet talk. His only response to queries is "Do you trust me?"
2) Basic amenities are not provided at checkin. I had to ask for Soap, Towels, Drinking water & toilet paper.
3) Some rooms have been sold while they are not yet complete.
4) Cleanliness - The rooms were not clean when we checked in. We had to for them to be cleaned before we started using them.
5) Hygiene - Please look inside the kettles before you drink from them. Look once inside the kitchen and you will see what iam talking about.
6) They try to sell the buffet when it is twice the cost of items in the menu. If its not included in your package, expect to be kept waiting or else give in.
All in all, you can get better deals at cheaper prices in Dalhousie. Or you can spend some more and have peace of mind while holidaying. I went there believing all the positive reviews below but they all turned out to be sham.
Note to owners - Hire competent management staff. Everyone from your waiter to the manager have no idea what they are doing. Secondly, ask for feedback. I have travelled to hotels worse than yours and their management interacts with people who give negative feedback and not avoid them.
Please avoid. You can get better options at cheaper rate in Dalhousie.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC