Ramada is an update version of the Raddison which is a stone throw away. I chose Ramada, simply because it was newer. It is not in my veiw a 5 star, I’d say about 3 star, but a very good 3 star.
The hotel itself is fairly contemporary and clean, central location ideal to get around. The service we received was good and the staff were accommodating. Chandini at the reception desk was most helpful.
The food was satisfactory but the breakfast selection was limited, and to fair it was rotated every day and you can request how to have your prathas made (stuffed roti). The omelettes and pastries were delicious. The English breakfast choice did not look fantastic. We asked if the chef could make eggless cakes as my mother is a vegan and this request was fulfilled after some negotiation! The bar and restaurant is fairly pricey (almost UK prices) for food and drink so beware. The service is average in the restaurant, but this could have been due to the fact the Shere Punjab Hockey team were staying with us there at the same time. Generally speaking everybody was polite and friendly.
The hotel is carpeted and cleaned every day, however, there are only two customer lifts and they are very slow!!! Sometimes it is easier to take the stairs! The hotel is about 5 levels and the and you can go to each level and look down, the handling rails here are low and are definitely a hazard for children, so beware of this if you have children.
The rooms were fairly spacious (I think I had a executive room) and the double head showers were truly amazing!!! The beds are comfy and the rooms were cleaned every day. However, the lighting controls are rather strange… you have to be there to know what I mean. You have to request an iron for your room and sometimes this takes a while because they are scarce in the building!!
The gym and beauty rooms on the 5th floor are nice and clean, but the only problem is that there are set times for the Jacuzzi/treatments for men and women! The pool right at the top is beautiful but very cold! The prices a fairly expensive for India but probably cheaper than UK!
About a 5 min walk away is a pizza hut, now this was the best pizza hut I have ever had!! It was fresh it was hot and the service was good! I defo recommend going here! There is also a small mall nearby and you have fast food places like Vimpy’s and Mcdonalds there too.
This is definitely the nicest hotel I have stayed in Jalandhar/Phagwara and I’d definitely go back. There were no sightings of spiders, mosquitoes, or those little lizards that are on the walls. All in all this is probably the best you are going to get here in the Punjab, so much recommended!
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Jalandhar City Centre Hotel Jalandhar
- Ramada Jalandhar City Centre Hotel
- Ramada Jalandhar City Centre Punjab
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a world of warmth and comfort at the five star-hotel Ramada City Centre. An hour's drive from the Raja Sansi Amritsar International airport and only minutes away from the city railway station, the newly built hotel is conveniently located to the central business and shopping district. Ramada City Centre embodies the new attitude of contemporary travel. For whatever reasons you are traveling, be it for business or pleasure, Ramada City Centre Jalandhar caters to your every need. With Ramada’s acclaimed facilities for business, leisure and dining at your fingertips, your stay is assured of being as productive or restful as you want it to be.RAMADA Jalandhar City Centre has 81 contemporary guest rooms (Largest room inventory in the city). All the rooms are elegantly furnished and offer contemporary amenities. The rooms offer a spacious environment, with Wi-Fi connectivity, so business travelers can connect to what matters to them.Food & Beverage of the hotel is very dynamic in its changing offers. Housing the fine dining experience at "The Emperor’s Court", "Connexions" 24/7 Coffee shop with global cuisine a-la-carte food menus and a wide spread of sumptuous buffet for breakfast & dinner. "The Barrels Bar" is an ideal venue to relax and meet friends and business associates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ramada Jalandhar City Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.