My wife and I recently returned from Mauritius where we spent our honeymoon at the Maritim Hotel. We wanted to stay somewhere that was extra special to mark the occasion and we were not disappointed with the Maritim!
Cold towells on arrival and a room upgrade too which was fantastic, it overlooked the sea and the river, had an enormous bed and bathroom, a big private balcony and was very very comfortable for our needs.
The hotel itself is set in 25 hectares of really nice gardens and we found the staff extremely friendly and attentive at all times - the beach service on all inclusive is simply wonderful!!
The food was very very good at all 3 restaurants and we particularly enjoyed dining out at the Chateau mon Desir one evening.
There's loads of things to do be it archery or para sailing, live entertainment in the evenings and we also treated ourselves to a treatment at the spa which is set in beautiful surroundings although I'm not sure I'd recommend the bamboo massage!!!!!!
Overall, I'd say this hotel was exactly what we were looking for for our honeymoon and we enjoyed every second of it. The only downside was our sun lounger on the balcony was never fixed (not a big deal) it was cloudy for 2 days and I didn't get to play golf!!!! Next time!!
Saul & Natalie
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Mauritius Hotel
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius Balaclava
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean… Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded ‘Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius’. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed …ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from ‘feet in the sand’ beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant ‘Château Mon Désir’.Pamper yourself in its ‘Maritim Tropical Flower Spa’, an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. MAaritim Hotel Mauritius …your holidays… beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Hotel Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.