Had our vacation here in the 3rd week of March,( 2nd one in Mauritius , a rarity) .to start with the location of the resort it is very much near to most happening places and right next to a private beach which is very clean and well maintained and free from all obstacles in the form of street vendors etc.
The entire package was booked with the help of Antilog Vacations , a Mauritius destination expert in India.They are definitely low cost & give excellent service for couples.In the end , it was a smart decision as other travel agents failed to do so while we had an interaction with fellow travellers at Intercontinental
Coming to the resort it is spread out across two storied building with leaf-like architectural ornament around it which is really impressive architectural work. One more impressive thing we observed while checking in is if there’s any delay in handling our suite to us they are arranging us some complimentary dinning arrangements on their beach bay, which is really impressive and would definitely take out our stress due to journey and for sure one would never mind the delay in checking in.
Folks at staff are very nice and friendly and always happy to serve, even they do give us knowledge on how to visit some places and advice us about hiring a two wheeler too, which is definitely a good option to explore the island with ease saving lot of our time, talking about the suites we booked, we booked 2 room family suite, they were large and spacious and laid across 2 levels, the furniture inside is well furnished and all the bedding arrangements and other interior arrangements are awesome, bath rooms are very spacious and had good arrangements for each and every activity such as individual showers, bath tubs etc… simply saying its like royal treatment, and the best part of the suite is its private terrace with a beach view which will definitely mesmerizes any one with its amazing views and will make one definitely forget about time.
The food we took ws included in our packages (half board), and we visited Indian, Thai, sea food and buffet restaurants, except for the buffet restaurant, food in all other restaurants is really very yummy and even the service is pretty fast. And as per our observation of the menu the prices are really expensive so we realized it’s good that we opted for all inclusive packages, their water sport activities are really refreshing and they do train in a professional manner which is really impressive.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava
- InterContinental Resort Mauritius Balaclava
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your InterContinental Resort Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.