We have just returned from 2 weeks staying at the Iberostar in Boa Vista. We had a really good holiday. The location is great overlooking the best beach we have ever seen. Unfortunately the red flag was flying every day so we weren't able to get in the sea. But we had some great walks along the beach. Because it's an island in the middle of the Atlantic you must be prepared for the wind. But without the wind the sun would have been too hot for sunbathing - beware the wind can burn you! Chilly at night so take a jacket or similar.
One bad thing happened while we were visiting Sal Rei on a Thomas Cook trip to the town. We went into a local bar, along with others and the Thomas Cook rep, and witnessed the most dreadful act of animal cruelty. It was either the bar owner or his friend who picked up a small cat by the rear legs and hurled it (like a rugby ball) across the road into a building site. We can't begin to think how badly injured the animal was. We were terribly upset and told the guilty man, who I believe was Italian, what we thought of him. He and his friends thought it very funny and just laughed. Our rep showed little concern and explained that we should understand that animals are not pets there. That is no excuse for such cruelty.
THE NAME OF THIS BAR IS 'ESPLANADA MUNICIPAL SILVES' . IT IS IN THE CENTRE SQUARE AND I ASK EVERYONE READING THIS TO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CUSTOM. It is the only way I can try to make him pay. In the UK I would have reported him to the RSPCA and he would have been prosecuted.
On a happier note we really liked the hotel because it is not too big and cannot praise the animation team enough. They are fabulous. Don't read the bad reviews go and see for yourself but remember it is very much a developing country who needs our custom.
- Also Known As:
- Iberostar Club Boa Vista Hotel Boa Vista
- Iberostar Club Boa Vista Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Iberostar Club Boa Vista hotel is an All Inclusive 5-star resort in Cape Verde located along the beautiful beach of Chaves. Set against a backdrop of unparalleled beauty, this hotel for couples and families will surprise the guest with a range of leisure activities for all ages and gastronomy to please the most educated palates. Holidays in Cape Verde at the Iberostar Club Boa Vista hotel allow you to discover a place as exotic as it is surprising. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Iberostar Club Boa Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.