* My room was located on the 2nd floor, which means that I did not sleep because of the bass coming from the "nightclub". It sounded like the DJ booth was directly next to my room. It's pretty clear they care more about their nightclub than their guests.
* When I turned on my A/C, it immediately filled the room with an intense smell of concentrated smoke. I went up and smelled the unit itself, which had an abysmal cigarette odor. I chose to sweat rather than put up with the intense cigarette smell (in a non-smoking room).
* The actual location and exterior of the building leave much to be desired.
* I received a special group rate, only to find an additional $21 in "mandatory" fees added to my bill at check-out.
* The room was modern and had enough space to get a little bit of work done.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson New Rochelle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Hotel, locally owned and operated for over 38 years has been chosen "Renovation of the Year 2012" & "Renovation of the Year 2011" by Carlson Rezidor Hotels. Awarded EXCELLENCE AWARD FOR 2012 by Trip Advisor. Ranked #1 Trip Advisor since April 21, 2012 for New Rochelle. Our hotel has 129 newly renovated guest rooms. Our hotel is non-smoking. We offer complimentary wifi, refrigerators in every room, hairdryer, iron/ironing board, Sleep Number beds; as well as some traditional mattresses are available upon request.Located on the Long Island Sound, Radisson New Rochelle is less than 15 miles from the bustle of New York City; as well as 12 miles to Connecticut. We are the perfect destination for the corporate or leisure traveler. We also enjoy being located near the Metro North station just a short walk from our hotel (3 blocks)to visit NYC or Yankee Stadium.The New Rochelle station also offers Amtrak service to NYC, Washington DC, Baltimore, Boston and numerous stops along the way each day.We are easily accessible to I-95 off exit 16 ; as well as Yonkers, The Bronx, White Plains, Mt. Vernon, Larchmont, Mamaroneck, Pelham, the White Stone Bridge are nearby; as well as JFK and LaGuardia airports - taxi service or shuttle service is available, please call hotel for information. Radisson New Rochelle is Within walking distance of a 1.2 million square foot entertainment/retail/residential complex. Consisting of Regal 18 & IMAX, bowling, restaurants, arcades, etc. The Empire City Casino at Yonkers Raceway and numerous beach clubs are nearby; as well as Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens. Numerous colleges are nearby such as Iona, Monroe College, Fordham University, College of New Rochelle, and Einstein.Radisson New Rochelle offers 129 newly renovated guest rooms, with complimentary high speed internet, refrigerators in every room, iron/ironing boards, hairdryers, single cup coffee makers in every room, data ports, and complimentary parking; some rooms offer an electronic safe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Carlson, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Otel so you can book your Radisson Hotel New Rochelle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.