I just stayed at this resort an from first trying to check in I encountered a very short ,rude front desk clerk (ABBY) really put me off....we were early to check in knowing this I just wanted to touch base we had 3 other coulpes (friends) staying there an had checked in the night before. Abby was not the least bit helpful,no eye contact very dismissive an close to out right rude,we needed to wait to check so we went to the pool area with a tiki bar an had a Bloody Mary,we found our friends rooms an they were water front so I called to see about a upgrade to water front also( we would have left but Abby informed me she would not give a refund an plus we had friends staying there)
On the phone I secured a upgrade for 70.00 more a night two nights total. So to kill time we did some shopping an came back to check in at 3pm.
Soon as I walked in the office and said my name Abby was delighted to tell me the gentleman on the phone misquoted the room an it was 200.00 more a night,okay mistakes happen I wanted them to meet us halfway but not a chance.....we ask for the manager an we where told she was on the grounds somewhere but they could not get a hold of her for us .The manager Carla was never to be seen,she did call my cell 4 hours later at this point we wanted to get on with our long week end.............if it wasnt for the other staff pool attendents Matt an Eric an the bartender( sorry I do not remember her name) our stay there would have been non descriped. What a shame one person (first contact) can put such a damper on ones stay....
- Also Known As:
- The Georgian Lakeside Hotel
- The Georgian Lakeside Hotel Lake George
- Georgian Hotel Lake George
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Georgian Lakeside Resort is located within walking distance of Lake George Village. The Georgian has 158 rooms & suites, a private beach, outdoor heated pool, The Boca Bar, and Giovanna's On The Lake Restaurant, Dinner Theater, in-room coffee, fitness center, game room, free WiFi. Wedding, Conference & Meeting facilities, AAA 3-Diamond Rated. Near all local attractions including whitewater rafting, The Great Escape, Lake Cruises and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Georgian Lakeside Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.