Stopped here while driving through New York. Didn't have a reservation but it was a Tuesday night so it was not a problem. There were only about 30 people total staying at the hotel I would say.
Room: The room was nice and clean, beds pretty comfortable, and good water pressure in the shower.
Overall Hotel: We went to the pool area and that was also very nice and clean. We were the only ones in the pool/hot tub so that was nice. The hot tub could have been A LOT hotter, it was just above luke warm. Also, the light was hanging out of its holder in the hot tub which was a little worrisome. The breakfast was decent, your normal continental breakfast spread. They had eggs and bacon but I did not try either so can't attest to the quality but it was nice they offered a hot selection. One of their selling points is they offer freshly baked cookies at all times. When we got there there were 2 cookies left, not wanting to take both because we didn't know when they would refill them we just took one. We left to go pick-up dinner and when we were leaving smelled freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and we passed them sitting on the trays behind the front desk area and the front desk woman and housekeeper were eating some. I thought that meant when we arrived back 15 minutes later they would be out for guests but no such luck, there was still the one lone oatmeal cookie on the stand and I have no clue where the fresh baked cookies went. There was one other thing that turned me off of this hotel and that was the lack of professionalism with some of the staff. I had to ring the front desk bell twice before someone came up front, I could hear people talking in the office area and see someone sitting in an office chair to the side but still took forever for someone to come up. The woman was very polite when she did help me though. The other thing was that the front desk lady and one of the other employees, a housekeeper I believe, would take smoke breaks on the bench right outside the front door. We saw this 3 times in one evening. There was one time we passed the other employee in the hall with a cigarette in her hand walking out front. I'm a stickler for professionalism and this just didn't impress me.
All-in-all good stay. Clean room, close to highway, and nice indoor pool and that was really all we were looking for.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Big Flats
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats Hotel Horseheads
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats Hotel
- Country Inn Horseheads
- Horseheads Country Inn
- Country Inn Big Flats
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We would like to invite you to a warm and cozy hotel in the horseheads area located next to arnot mall lot's of shopping and great places to have dinner. We are in the beautiful Fingerlakes region! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Carlson, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Otel so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.