My wife and I stayed 4 nights and enjoyed 7 game drives on our stay at Leadwood Lodge for our Honeymoon. The Lodge itself is very intimate and we felt as though we were staying at someone's house, rather than a hotel. While we stayed at :Leadwood, we enjoyed eating in the Boma for 3 of the 4 nights to eat dinner with the Ranger and the rest of the guests. At most, only 3 of the 4 rooms were occupied and on our last night, it was us and one other guest at the Lodge, which made it feel like our own house.
The view from the porch is simply amazing, and found myself content to just sit on the couches or a chair in between game drive during the day and just absorb the scenery.
The staff was very helpful and made sure any request we had, was timely completed. On one evening while at dinner with our Ranger, we had discussed the possibility of visiting one of the local schools to see the children. On this occasion, the Ranger spoke with the Lodge Manager, and the next day they had already arranged a visit if it was something we still wanted to do--which we did very much. Another example of their perfect attention to detail.
The game drives were the absolute highlight. Our Rangers Mac and Patrick, were true professionals and made this the trip of a lifetime. And Beyond will definitely get our business in the future as they put together a high quality product.
- Also Known As:
- &Beyond Leadwood Hotel Sabi Sand Game Reserve
- &Beyond Leadwood Hotel
- And Beyond Leadwood Lodge
- AndBeyond Leadwood Lodge Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the fork of the Sand and Mabrak Rivers, andBeyond Leadwood Lodge offers a cosy and serene getaway completely at peace with the bush that surrounds it. With suites carefully distanced from each other, andBeyond Leadwood is ideal for families or parties of friends who want to share their safari experience without intruding on each other’s privacy. • Four suites when booked for sole use of a group; three when booked individually• Air conditioned• Outdoor showers• Private plunge pools and lodge pool• Wine cellar• Boma• Safari Shop• Ideal for sole-use• Wifi in guest area only• Traversing 10 000 hectares• Famed for leopard sightings and wild dog. ... more less