I just returned from a weekend (8/19-21) at the Sunrise and had a great weekend. I have stayed at the Sunrise numerous times over the past 15 years and have always been satisfied. It's nice to have a family motel without the typical antics of a young drinking crowd. (confession: I was one of those young drinking crowd over 30 years ago when a decent family wouldn't dare venture into Seaside, so nice it's emerged into a great family resort area. As to the negative reviews I have read, grow up!! It's a beach vacation area, not a New York Park Avenue hotel. Some negative comments might be true but that it because it's right by the beach. You know, water, sand!! I have spoken to many folks who have stayed in other motels and have seen some of them. They are envious when they see the Sunrise. The owners and staff are wonderful and do all they can to insure your satisfaction. So if you are expecting a New York City four star hotel, this isn't for you, Seaside Heights isn't for you. Please stay home, the Sunrise is always full and difficult at times to make a reservation on short notice so you might make it easier to get a room on short notice!! And if you are 21-22 and want to pile 8 or 10 of your buddies into a room for a drinking/party weekend this isn't for you either and I am glad. If you want a nice family place, 2 blocks from the beach and let your hair down and enjoy, then this is the best place with great owners!!
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Hotel
- Sunrise Hotel Seaside Heights
- Sunrise Motel Seaside Heights
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sunrise Motel in Seaside Heights is owned and operated by the Loundy family, who have been welcoming vacationers to the Jersey Shore since 1932. The motel features efficiency suites and luxury suites, accommodating couples and families up to 6 people per room! Our efficiency suites have 2 double beds, a sofa-bed or futon, and a kitchenette. Our luxury suites have 2 queen beds, a full kitchen, bath with jacuzzi tub, and living room with sofa-bed or futon. We are located less than a block from the boardwalk for easy access to the beach, rides, games, and amusements. Our property features a beautiful pool, expansive 150 foot sundeck, free WI-FI, free parking, BBQ grills, and cable TV in each room. All of our rooms are non-smoking, but smoking is permitted in all outdoor areas. During the summer season we also include 2 free badges with each room and free breakfast each morning at a choice of two local restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sunrise Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.