We planned a last minute shopping trip to kittery. (My sister and I and 2 kids). This was about 5 minutes from the outlets. When we arrived I was suprised how nice the lobby was, it appeared brand new. Check in was super-easy. They informed us that they would be having a managers reception at 4pm. This was a surprise and such a bonus. They had free beer and wine, nachos and cookies. Our room was an average hotel room. The bathroom was larger/nicer than average. Everything appeared brand new. i love how they have the policy that they wash all duvet covers between guests. Its grosses me out when hotels don't do that! The room was very clean. We had a refridgerator also. The kids wanted to swim so we spent a fair amount of time in the pool area. This was showing a bit of age though. It wasn't run down or dirty...it just didn't look as nice/new as the rest of the place. They have pool towels on a shelf for you to take...problem was they were constantly running out and the pool wasn't even that busy. they only put out 3 or 4 at a time. When we went to the front desk to ask for one they said they were in teh dryer and would be right out. Well, 45 minutes later still no towels...so we walked through their halls and into the elevator dripping. At 4:30 PM I called down and requested a cot be sent up. They said that they needed to wait for the shuttle driver to return and then she would bring it up. At 8:30pm I called again and was basically told the same thing, along with an apology. at 10:00 I sent my son down to the desk to ask again. It was delivered by a very apologetic shuttle driver at almost 11pm. I was a bit miffed by that situation but other than that we liked our stay. The next morning they had breakfast for free. They had pastries, fruit, cereal, and I think make your own waffles. The small lobby was so crowded. The kids were in their bathing suits and barefoot and the staff told me they couldn't be here without shoes. He was frantic! So I sent the kids back to the hallway and I hand-delivered them plates of food. Since there were no seats left we smuggled our breakfast into the pool area and sat at a table in there.
Overall this was a good value. i think they need to pay a bit more attention to customer service though. The towel situation was just dumb.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Portsmouth Hotel
- Hampton Inn Portsmouth Hotel Portsmouth
- Portsmouth Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hampton Inn Portsmouth hotel, situated on the New Hampshire and Maine border and just 1.5 miles from historic Portsmouth. Enjoy our staff’s friendly service and our Portsmouth, NH hotel’s location that offers easy access to Atlantic beaches and businesses such as Tyco, Westinghouse, Pease International Tradeport and Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. Spend a day in the surf at Hampton Beach or attend festivals such as the Hampton Beach Master Sand Sculpting Competition and the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival. Enjoy live music at the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom or catch a film or show at Portsmouth Music Hall.Strawberry Banke is the oldest neighborhood in New Hampshire and features more than 40 restored buildings tracing over 375 years of history. Immerse yourself in the charm of downtown Portsmouth, where you’ll find shops, boutiques and over 120 local restaurants. Browse the shops of Kittery Outlet Mall, only four miles from our hotel in Portsmouth. Spend a quiet day at the hotel relaxing on the outdoor patio.Reserve a spacious guest room featuring one king- or two queen-sized beds at our hotel in Portsmouth. Select rooms provide a sleeper sofa and whirlpool tub. Connect to free high-speed internet access. Stay productive at the well-lit work desk or set up your laptop on the convenient lap desk.Thoughtful amenities such as a mini-refrigerator, microwave and 32-inch HDTV with premium cable help you feel at home. Wake up to Hampton's free hot breakfast®. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, EasyToBook, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Portsmouth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.