This resort has definitely exceeded my expectation! We had a one-bedroom condo for a family of three (with a toddler boy), very spacious. The view from the balcony was breath-taking, the kitchen was equipped with pots and pans, dishes, glasses, utensils, even salt and pepper (although I would recommend bringing your own non-stick pans if you want to do serious cooking). My son had plenty of space to run around in the room. We went there for Storyland, but found ourselves spending half of the time on our trip in the resort! My son had a horse ride ($8) on the miniature horse, which is smaller than the pony and just the right size for him! We rowed the boat in the tiny lake. We relaxed in the pools with baby lying on his little float and daddy having a sun tan while browsing internet on his iPhone (free wifi in pool area). We also enjoyed the Saturday night entertainment for kids, my dear son had a tiger baloon made by the funny yet very friendly clown. It was so much fun and relaxing!
The reason I did not give this resort a 5-star is, like the other reviewers mentioned, the room is dated. The sofa cushions were dirty looking. The beds were not very comfortable, especially the pull-out sofa bed. The noise travels very well through the walls and floors. The wall paper in the bathroom was peeling. But it is only a 3-star resort so we kind of expected that. The sheets, towels and the bathroom looks clean enough. The price we got was such a bargain and all the amenities so wonderful, we did not mind those.
My husband kept saying that I found a wonderful place to stay, and that he hope I can always find places like this for our future travel. I know we would definitely come back for our next trip to Storyland.
- Also Known As:
- Nordic Village Hotel Jackson
- Nordic Village Hotel
- Nordic Village Jackson
- Nordic Village Resort Jackson, NH - White Mountains
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy indoor and outdoor heated pools, outdoor hot tubs, nightly bonfires, game room. We have a variety of lodging choices to accommodate your family's budget and have designed and oriented each of our units to provide you with maximum privacy and some of the finest views of the Mount Washington Valley. Choose from townhouses, suites, one and two-bedroom units, penthouses, to the elegance of our Chateau units at Highland Ridge. We also have pet-friendly units. We are the closest property to Story Land and just minutes away from tax-free outlet shopping, Mount Washington, and all White Mountain Attractions. Give us a call this Spring, we are offering some wonderful packages at great rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Nordic Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.