I recently stayed in Las Vegas at the Trop for 2 nights. I checked out of another hotel, for the weekend cause the rates were jumping the Trop was a steal at $65. Plus I wanted to check out their renos. As a Vegas regular a few times a year I had been watching it slowly transform to a place I would never visit to somewhere quite pleasant.
Checked in, or attempted to on a Friday afternoon at 12:00pm or so. I was informed that the room was ready but there would be an "early check in fee" of $20 per room, (I had 2 rooms) unless I came back after 1:30. Kinda ridiculous wouldn't you say? I mean had I checked in, surely I would have gone to the restaurants or their casino and blown some money there?! Instead I left the property, went to MGM Grand, spent money there and then returned to my room to avoid this obvious money grab. I mean come on, I've worked in hotels for years, to do this to a customer is just unnecessary.
Regardless, I came back at 1:30 and got 2 club floor king rooms side by side. Rooms are nice and well appointed. I would like to know who designed the shower head placement though. I am 6'4, and it couldn't have been above my lower chest, at about 5'5 at most. This could use a rethink. The room was clean and very comfortable, our view was amazing from the club tower, we were 1475, facing the strip. The walk to the club tower was slightly annoying, but hardly anything serious, its like 2-3 minutes tops from the casino.
Restaurants were decent, only had gelato and pizza during my stay. Everything was tasty and not at ripoff prices.
Pool was awesome, one of the better parts of the hotel. Loved that hot tubs were 24hr, thats a great feature.
All in all, a great discount deal in Las Vegas, I would stay again. But I like the 5* resorts more in town, just my preference.
Can't fault the trop except on some minor issues, everyone should enjoy this place. Very "comfortable" for everyone. Not pretentious at all.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel
- Tropicana Resort Las Vegas
- Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prepare to be surprised! The Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton redefines the expectations of today’s global travelers with a recently completed $180 million transformation which provides a true resort experience. In addition to a vibrant and exciting motif with a South Beach, Miami rhythm and vibe, the transformation of the hotel, resort and casino includes a fresh redesign of every best-in-class room and suite, the casino, the conference center and exhibition hall, several new restaurants, bars, a new poker room and race and sports book, and the recently debuted Glow®, A Mandara Spa and fitness center. In spring 2012, Tropicana Las Vegas introduced a new comedy club, Laugh Factory Las Vegas with first-class entertainment from performers like Murray the Celebrity Magician and Gallagher. Tropicana Las Vegas is not affiliated with any other property or brand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Tingo so you can book your Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.