extremely disappointed with our stay at the hotel on so many levels! NEVER again.
1. bc of a delayed flight, we didn't arrive until 11:30 pm. the doors were locked (after 10 pm...understandably for safety reasons). BUT, we rang the door bell and stood outside for 5 minutes while there were 2 staff members at the front desk!!! they were helping people but STILL?! you can't hit a buzzer to let us is?!?! FAIL 1. we ended up having to walk around the corner THROUGH the CROWDED bar to get to the lobby.
2. upon checking in, we requested that we change to from 2 doubles to a queen if it was available. apparently, the ONLY room available was the "quietest room in the hotel but it doesn't have any windows". Are you KIDDING me with this nonsense?! So pretty much, if our plans did not change last minute, we would have had to share a room with another couple with no windows? how does a hotel like this do business?! after much going back and forth, we had to settle with that room or have no room at all. there was no other option they were giving us. they did offer a lower rate, but that wasn't making us feel better about a room with no windows, on the 13th floor! creepy! but, my husband didn't give up and almost getting to the elevator, turned right about. the thought of sleeping in a room with no windows really creeped him out. then 10 min later (i stepped into the bar at this point) a room MAGICALLY appeared. APPARENTLY, there was 1 room that they thought wasn't cleaned so they did not want to give it to us. but someone went upstairs to check and it was indeed clean and they gave it to us. What boggles my mind is, why the HECK aren't ALL the rooms CLEANED if they are telling us the hotel is booked for the weekend? what happened to our original reservation? and why in the WORLD do they even offer a CLOSET as a room? Hilton President, you failed MISERABLY. they did offer us breakfast for one day, but that will never get those 45 min lost of misery at midnight. 3. our room was never cleaned after our first night. housekeeping came by when we were still in the room and we asked that they come back in 1 hour. nope. they did not. no fresh towels or anything.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton President Kansas City Hotel
- Hilton President Kansas City Hotel Kansas City
- Hilton Hotel Kansas City
- Hilton Kansas City
- Kansas City Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond award winning hotel, and the only hotel in the new Power and Light entertainment district. The hotel was originally opened in 1927, closed for many years. Re-opened in 2005 after a 45 million dollar renovation. This stunning hotel is truly one of Kansas City's grand hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hilton President Kansas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.