I am actually an owner at Stormy Point. Unlike others(who gave negative comments) who like to use the accommodations for yearly visits, but refuse to become an owner, my family loves it!! The staff is always friendly. Any time we have had an issue, maintenance has come right away to correct the problem. They are a little farther behind this year due to the tornado, so the waterpark wasn't completed as we'd hoped. The clubhouse and pool kept our kids busy and entertained. The landscaping and exterior is always well kept. We have NEVER stayed in a unit that was dirty, had peeling paint, or doors that didn't work.The units are equipped with everything we need to stay for the week,tastefully decorated, and clean! Just the fact that you are in your own house, you don't share walls or entrances with anyone else, truly makes it feel like a home away from home and not a hotel.
While I am rating this property as excellent, the sales side of it was not. We bought in 4 years ago.We got lured in with a cheap 3 night/4 day stay at a 5 star hotel, show tickets, and meal tickets like most everyone else. The hotel was far from 5 star with a heated pool that wasn't. The free meal wasn't free, as we still had to pay taxes and gratuity. The show was good. The 90 minute presentation turned into 6 hours for us, but we grilled them about everything and got all of our questions answered and in writing before we decide to buy. The sales people do what they've been trained to do. They talk about themselves a lot and brag about their vacations. They talk around your questions and stall. We had our 2 1/2 year old with us and they thought it was a good idea to shove her into the play room, where we couldn't see her, with total strangers. They didn't really care about her schedule or whether it was meal time, they wanted the sale.
So, go in prepared if you go. Be aware of the sell tactics. But don't discount this property just because of the lousy sales side. It really is a great place to own/stay.
- Also Known As:
- Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Hotel
- Stormy Point Village a Summerwinds Hotel Branson
- Stormy Point Village Branson
- Stormy Point Village Hotel Branson
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This wonderfully scenic vacation resort is located on the shoreline of beautiful Table Rock Lake. From the spectacular location of Stormy Point Village to the exquisite New England style architecture, everything is here to ensure that your vacation leaves a lasting impression. 2, 3 and 4 bedroom cottages available. ... more less