For how highly rated this hotel is, I expected much more. I've only stayed here once and for all I know I ended up with the worst room in the whole hotel, but for the price it is not worth staying here.
Starting with the good:
- The lobby and other public spaces are very attractive and have great ambiance. The check in process was smooth and at that point in the trip I had no reason to believe the room would be anything but stellar.
- The location is great for walking and there are plenty of places to eat nearby.
- The service was helpful and fast. We called for ice a couple times and it was at our door almost immediately.
- The room was very clean.
- It was obvious that the room decor had been carefully selected and would have been stunning when new, but it was equally obvious that the room had seen better days. The furniture was exceptionally chipped and scratched up, and some of the finishes were peeling, like the wood veneer by the window.
- There were a couple back-lit pictures on the wall but one of them appeared to have liquid damage, was no longer flush with the wall like the other, and was barely hanging on.
- Minute, admittedly, but the mini bar menu was missing from the folder in the minibar.
- The only clock in the room was set to the incorrect day and time.
- The bathroom scale was not functioning correctly. It would turn on but it would not register weight.
- The hinge on the magnifying mirror in the bathroom was worn out and no longer holding the mirror upright.
- The shower would suddenly lose and then regain pressure when being used. It happened 11 times during my shower, my partner said it happened to him too.
- There were guests in the hall shouting between 2-3 am that woke us up.
Nothing that was wrong with the room was outrageous and the impact to our stay was minimal. That said, the lack of attention to detail wasn't fitting with a 4.5 star hotel. For the average room rate I would not recommend this hotel when there are other options available nearby that offer the full 4.5 star experience, from lobby to room to dining.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Report response as inappropriate
We truly appreciate your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you were not more impressed with some of the aspects of your room. If you could get in touch with us and tell us your room number we'd love to address some of your concerns. Of course, you can always tell the front desk about any problems and they would be more than happy to make things right or move you to a different room. I do hope you'll afford us another opportunity to impress you; I know we can show you a great stay.
Graves 601 Team
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC