I was interested in staying at the Surfside Hotel during an upcoming visit. I researched the costs associated with all the major suppliers including right here on TripAdvisor. I found rooms for $85 a night while I was there. Not a bad rate. Then I went to the hotel's website where the surprise really occurred.
They were posting an $85 a night rate as well with a by one night get one night free offer. I attempted to make my reservation but was told it would be $190 with taxes for two nights. What happened to the $85 a night rate?
I contact the hotel management who told me their regular rate is $169 a night. Really? Because the rack rate on their website says $109 and no travel company came close to the $169 a night rate. I explained this and she stood by her numbers. So then I contacted the parent company who also stood by the numbers and their general manager.
This is a classic upsell to give the appearance of a discount rate. Except here, they got caught. Watch your wallets when dealing with this hotel. The parent company is Linchris Hotel Corporation. I gave them numerous opportunities to honor their advertised rate but they refused. Guess I'll be staying elsewhere when I visit Provincetown.
- Also Known As:
- Surfside Hotel And Suites
- Surfside Hotel Provincetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking Cape Cod Bay and Provincetown Harbor. Private beach, outdoor heated saline pool, complimentary breakfast, free WIFI, free parking. Courtyard with fire pit, bar service from our Lighthouse Bar. Easy walk to town, 3/4 of a mile through the art district. Pets welcome, pet treats, pet station and pet shower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Surfside Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.