My husband and I just got back from our trip to Maine. We chose to stay at the Fireside Inn because it was centrally located, inexpensive, had decent reviews, and free breakfast. We were happy to see that we were allowed to check in early (1:30pm) even though their check-in time was 3pm. When we got to the front desk we were greeted by a very nice staff and whoopie pies! We checked in to our room and it was your standard hotel room. King sized bed, arm chair with foot rest, desk, dresser with tv, etc.
Unfortunately, my husband and I have spoiled ourselves at home with an amazing mattress so nothing can compare. With that being said, we found the mattress to be very hard and the pillows were small and uncomfortable. It wasn't our best sleep, but it also wasn't unbearable.
We were a little disappointed with the "continental breakfast". It's yogurt, oatmeal, two choices of cereal, coffee/juices, and toast (when we arrived there was only one bagel left), but as I said, "you get what you pay for" and it sure beat shelling out $200 a night to stay in downtown Portland and have to pay to park in a garage.
If you're spending a night in the area, I think this hotel is worth it, but if you're staying for longer than a short weekend I would probably spend the extra $$ for a more well-known chain.
- Also Known As:
- Fireside Inn & Suites Portland Hotel Portland
- Fireside Inn And Suites Portland
- Fireside Inn & Suites Portland Hotel
- Holiday Inn Portland
- Portland Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer today’s features with yesterday’s charm. Just minutes from the Portland Jetport and situated directly off I-95 Exit 48, our travel-friendly location is easily accessible. With its comfortable rooms, courtyard views and hospitality, the Fireside Inn & Suites Portland is the ideal choice for you and your family while visiting the Greater Portland Area.While staying with us, we invite you to enjoy Zackery’s Fireside Restaurant for dinner and evening entertainment. Our menus appeal to a wide set of tastes and we are extremely proud of our Staff. Please browse them at your leisure. We serve breakfast, dinner and wonderful desserts! We also have a full bar in Zack’s Club Lounge and offer drink specials for Happy Hour. We are pretty creative with martinis too! Whether you are joining us for business or pleasure, we are waiting for you! While you are here, why not relax by our Lobby Fireplace. Enjoy our late afternoon complimentary fresh coffee right here! Stay with us and each guest will receive a FREE Isamax Snacks Wicked Whoopie Pie! The Whoopie Pie is Maine’s Official State Treat (officially becoming law on September 28, 2011)! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Fireside Inn & Suites Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.